Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gunners,

Been watching Youtube and the folks there seem to have the utmost praise for a little 9MM made by SCCY (US Made).

But, when I go on the internet I see many mixed reviews.

What say Ye?

Rmocarsky

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
I'm so happy with mine, I'll be picking up another one.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I love mine carried it everyday till I srnt it off to be cerakoted once I get it back it will be back on my hip never had one problem with mine. I guessing the reviews you read are from the first batch that came out either way you cant beat there customer service or the warranty.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have had my cpx2 for 7 months. Probably 500 rounds through it (would be more but the ammo shortage...) with no failures to feed, extract or fire. It's not a target pistol, but is certainly accurate enough for ccw. Fit and finish are good to vg. Controls (trigger, slide and mag releases) are smooth and positive. It hasn't yet replaced the j-frame for edc, but only because I'm a traditionalist and am having a hard time letting go.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
My CPX2 is my EDC. Very happy with it, shoots nicely, carries even better. Gonna pick up another one myself.
+1. What he said exactly.

·
Banned
2,647 Posts
The SCCY company does have the past experience of the Grendel, the forerunner of Kel Tec, I have been told that both owners were employed at Kel Tec before venturing out on their own. I bought a CPX when they first hit the market and never experienced a problem nor has my son who now has it in his collection.....

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
I have a friend who swears by his, my LGS has the CPX2 for $260, almost bought one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OP here,

Their web site claims that the width is 1", but when I watch the Youtube videos it sure looks wider than that.

What is the true width (at the widest part) of the CPX 2?

Rmocarsky

·
Banned
2,647 Posts
OP here,

Their web site claims that the width is 1", but when I watch the Youtube videos it sure looks wider than that.

What is the true width (at the widest part) of the CPX 2?

Rmocarsky
CPX-1 and CPX-2
Generation 2
Barrel Length: 3.1"
Height: 4"
Length: 5.7"
Width: 1"
Weight: 15oz

·
Registered
257 Posts
Actual grip width is 1 3/8". As far as SCCY being founded by former Kel Tec employees is false. The owner has no association nor has he ever. The design may be a copy of a Kel Tec gun but he he an engineer who decided to make guns. Nowdays most everyone copies someone elses firearm just look at ruger and how they copied Kel Tec on the LCP and LC9.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Actual grip width is 1 3/8". As far as SCCY being founded by former Kel Tec employees is false. The owner has no association nor has he ever. The design may be a copy of a Kel Tec gun but he he an engineer who decided to make guns. Nowdays most everyone copies someone elses firearm just look at ruger and how they copied Kel Tec on the LCP and LC9.
That's good info. Even as a SCCY owner I thought they were former KelTec.
BTW, Why is there Coast Guard in Rapid City, SD? Long ways from the coast, huh?

·
Registered
439 Posts
Happy with mine. I like the 10 round mags too. Small package, trigger is DAO but feels good, comes with two mags and different base plates. Truly a good deal for the price. It's probably a $400 package but somehow SCCY is able to produce them at a lower price and still maintain the quality.

The only thing I could say negative about it is the slide rattles on the receiver. It doesn't do it when carrying of course so isn't an issue. Just one of those things I'd like to see improved upon.

·
Registered
257 Posts
That's good info. Even as a SCCY owner I thought they were former KelTec.
BTW, Why is there Coast Guard in Rapid City, SD? Long ways from the coast, huh?
I am retired now grew up in SD so thats why I came back love the hills. By the way there are CG boats up and down the Missouri River to control navigation and the Missouri runs through the middle of SD.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I was looking at sccy (apparently pronounced 'sky') earlier this year as a possible option for a new CCW. After internet researching and seeing a lot of not so glowing reviews, I kinda shelved that option till I see some long term reports.

It will probably be close to christmas time before I buy another gun, so i'll keep watching the reports/reviews of these guns till then.

Sara Lou

·
Registered
36 Posts
Bought one for my wife about a month ago, so far it's been a great gun. Very light and so far very dependable. Double action only which makes it very safe for her to carry in a purse.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts