Defensive Carry banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
It appears it was a semi-automatic pistol. It appears to be relationship issues (or unrequited love). Nothing makes this appear to be the usual school shooting event.

·
Registered
33,991 Posts
Apparently no one is capable of kicking anyone else's ass to teach them a lesson anymore. Too "old school," I guess.

·
Super Moderator
16,161 Posts
Update; two students dead.

They’re saying a 45 cal handgun was found at the scene but no mention of motive yet.

Shooting at California's Saugus High School leaves 2 students dead, suspect in custody, officials say

Two students, a 16-year-old girl and a 14-year-old, are dead and three other teens were injured Thursday after a 16-year-old suspect -- who was transported to the hospital and is in "grave" condition -- opened fire at Saugus High School in California, officials said.

"Suspect is in custody and being treated at a local hospital," Los Angeles County Sheriff Alex Villanueva had tweeted.

Six people, all students, had gunshot wounds when police arrived at the scene around 7:40 a.m., Los Angeles County Sheriff's Capt. Kent Wegener said Thursday afternoon during a news conference. It was later discovered that one of the victims was the suspect, an Asian male student at the school whose 16th birthday is today, Wegener said.

·
Premium Member
2,229 Posts
Apparently no one is capable of kicking anyone else's ass to teach them a lesson anymore. Too "old school," I guess.
I'm sure that there's a lot that are capable. It's just that no one wants to go prison for child abuse. (I'm assuming that you're talking about parents using physical punishment).

·
Registered
2,228 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,161 Posts
And the never ending screech for more infringements continues.

Democrat congressman blames McConnell for California school shooting

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky, is to blame for Thursday's school shooting at Saugus High School in Santa Clarita, Calif. after he stalled federal legislation that could have prevented the tragedy, claimed Rep. Sean Patrick Maloney, D-N.Y.

"What I hear from parents is they're mad as hell and they are frustrated that the people in [D.C.] aren't doing anything. And I want parents to know I hear that," Maloney told MSNBC's "Andrea Mitchell Reports."

"You’re right to point out that 100 feet that way [from where I'm standing] is the House Chamber where multiple important pieces of gun safety legislation have been passed," Maloney went on. "A couple hundred feet that way is the Senate Majority Leader's office where he has bragged about being the 'Grim Reaper' and killing all of those bills, without putting them on the floor, without coming up with his own version."
https://www.foxnews.com/media/democrat-mcconnell-california-shooting

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
I'm sure that there's a lot that are capable. It's just that no one wants to go prison for child abuse. (I'm assuming that you're talking about parents using physical punishment).
I think he's O/V talking about kids, Back in the day they (the teachers) would let you fight it out, Without going to getting trouble ; )
H/D

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
This was my high school for 9th and 10th grade. :frown:

Back then, it was a very average school. I visited a number of years ago, and the whole thing had been fenced in with tall fences, and they had security guards. I think the old neighborhood has gone downhill...

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I predict this will disappear from the headlines rather quickly -
- Not an Assault Weapon
- Not a white male

It doesn’t matter who did it or using what, it is an awful event that will effect many children for the rest of their lives. Unfortunately, too many in this country are too focused on political maneuvering and blaming an inanimate object that as a country we’ll continue to try and get to the route cause of the violence problem.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Just read his Facebook account. Clearly he was a loaner and may have even been picked on. His Facebook cried out for help...and since it's open to the public it seems no one, not even his parents, cared. I could be wrong but that's how it looks at first glance.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Just read his Facebook account. Clearly he was a loaner and may have even been picked on. His Facebook cried out for help...and since it's open to the public it seems no one, not even his parents, cared. I could be wrong but that's how it looks at first glance.
Link?

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
And then we have this...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7688005/amp/Teen-gunmans-late-father-avid-hunter-owned-weapons.html

Revealed: Late father of California school shooter was an avid hunter who owned several weapons, made his own bullets and was once arrested on suspicion of abusing his wife.
'He grew up around firearms, it wasn't a mystery, he knew how to use it and understood how it worked, he was responsible. He came off as a very responsible person.'
Progressive ogres now burning the midnight oil writing legislation banning use, access or exposure of minors under age 21 to any firearm or ammunition, specifically handling, discharge or any aspect of training with said items.

Reactions: airslot

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
There’s a pattern with some of these kids that do this; lost a parent within the couple of years that they go on these shooting sprees. So he’s/She’s depressed, just lost a parent and....wait for it....ANTIDEPRESSANTS!

This poor soul is another one to add to the list. Remember the kid last name Cruze? Same thing and yup within a week we learned he was put on meds.

It’s the meds, it’s been the meds the whole time.

Someone here said that this didn’t happen when they were kids, that’s because back when we were kids doctors didn’t give this stuff out like candy.

Another thing, doctors have no plan on getting these kids off these drugs.

Summary: We’re poisioning the children them blaming them when they go nuts.

Prozac? Zolof? Adderal

(Plez excuse spelling on these drugs not taking time to look it up)

·
Registered
33,991 Posts
And I'd bet a shot of bourbon he never once said, "Mom, Dad, I need to talk to you about something." Instead he goes to FB where no one cares.

·
Registered
586 Posts
We have raised wussies!! in the era of everybody gets a trophy, there are no losers, or don't say anything that might hurt ANYBODIES feelings I am left wondering if we brought this on ourselves. Could it be that these shootings are a direct result of never letting our kids feel the pressures of failure or general hurt feelings, I have to wonder if some of our kids are too ill equipt to handle life so they commit suicide and, because some of our kids are wussies they are too scared to commit these acts by themselves so they take their peers with them.

At risk of sounding too harsh, I wish this kid had enough balls that he might have eaten that bullet by himself and NOT taken others with him.

·
Banned
250 Posts
We have raised wussies!! in the era of everybody gets a trophy, there are no losers, or don't say anything that might hurt ANYBODIES feelings I am left wondering if we brought this on ourselves. Could it be that these shootings are a direct result of never letting our kids feel the pressures of failure or general hurt feelings, I have to wonder if some of our kids are too ill equipt to handle life so they commit suicide and, because some of our kids are wussies they are too scared to commit these acts by themselves so they take their peers with them.

At risk of sounding too harsh, I wish this kid had enough balls that he might have eaten that bullet by himself and NOT taken others with him.

- ^ this
- after generation X spankings, discipline, corporal punishment, and LOSING was removed from childhood
- replaced with:

- 'time-outs', participation trophies, cat-tranquelizers (klonipin, etx), amphetamines (adderall, ritalin), and slow-release herion (SSRIs), and "EVERYONE WINS!"

- we had to deal with LOSING as kids
- i remember the reward cerimonies at school - I got NONE!

- taught me to deal with it, go home and get better at something else

- these kids don't know how to handle losing
- told too much they were 'special'
- AND GIVEN NO CONSEQUENCES!

21 - 40 of 45 Posts