Defensive Carry banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
143,573 Posts
Just FYI.
Many of these Schrade knives are not bad.

Not made in America anymore but, the quality is pretty doggone good.

Their one skeleton knife is one that I really gave a decent beating to and it held up just fine.

Kept a decent working edge and touched up easily.

For the price, buy one or two.

Obviously Schrade is keeping the Quality Control up with close supervision of production.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Just FYI.
Many of these Schrade knives are not bad.

Not made in America anymore but, the quality is pretty doggone good.

Their one skeleton knife is one that I really gave a decent beating to and it held up just fine.

Kept a decent working edge and touched up easily.

For the price, buy one or two.

Obviously Schrade is keeping the Quality Control up with close supervision of production.
Has been my experience, also.

Reactions: QKShooter

·
Administrator
143,573 Posts
I occasionally just buy a lower dollar knife just to see if it rates..."sucks" or..."serviceable."

So...some time ago I bought that one Schrade that has the multifunction polymer sheath.

The sheath serves as sort of polymer..."knucks" and it has a tiny built in key-chain type light.

The knife was a skeleton type knife...AKA no added handle and I was pretty impressed with it.

Stabbed it hard into a seasoned Oak board and other the point out...did some pounding of it into a log...etc etc.

And it did just fine. Sure would not be my personal primary knife but, I bought another one to toss into my SHTF MED KIT.

Nice thin blade for cutting bandages, fabricating a splint, digging a bullet out of my leg...:hand5:

Ok....well, maybe NOT digging a bullet out of my leg but, it is a useful little knife.

Definately suitable for some food prep and other minor mundane camp chores. Not bad at all.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Definately suitable for some food prep and other minor mundane camp chores. Not bad at all.
Especially, at that price.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts