Defensive Carry banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am systematically getting into shotguns, but I know very little about them, especially the additional components.

I picked up a beautiful used/older Wingmaster which came with an additional barrel and scope. The scope is a Weaver K15-1 (engraved), with Weaver mount - no other markings that I could find.

Can someone tell me something about this scope and how much it's worth? The scope is in excellent shape. I tried google without luck.

Thanks!

·
Banned
13,684 Posts

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, RamRod. The scope looks just like the one in the Amazon.com link that you provided. I'll try to post some pics later with the mounting bracket.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, the mistery is solved. I stopped by one of my local gun shops today (first time there) to browse. I casually asked the sales attendant if he knew anything about my Weaver k15-1.

He gave me the face. Yes, the what-are-you-talking-about face. He asked me if I was sure it is not a K1.5; and I said that I was pretty sure the scope was signed K15. He said that it seems to be a target shooting scope that had no business to be mounted on a shotgun.

Well, bought some shot shells and slugs and went home. Got the scope and after close supervision (with reading glasses :redface:) the scope was marked "Weaver K1.5-1 USA." :blink:

It is similar to this one Weaver K1.5-1 USA - 24hourcampfire, but mine is in near mint condition.

The K1.5 steel scopes were made from 1968-1984 with post type reticles. They seem to be a little hard to find. Well, I think that I'll mount it on my "new" old Wingmaster and see if I can zero with it. :smile:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts