Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
21,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from Camp Lejeune, NC for the annual platoon reunion. Great time!

One of the guys gave me three holsters he said had been laying in his garage for years, and he said he couldn’t give them away. I told him I’d be happy to take them.
I already have the tanker rig, but a spare is nice. I have also been wanting the Bianchi holster that came in to service with the M9.

The leather flap holster is an enigma. The 1911 doesn’t fit, and neither does a M10 revolver.

Anyone know what it may be made for?

Textile Sleeve Waist Wood Material property

·
Super Moderator
22,498 Posts
Very nice, congrats. (y)

Reactions: G-man*

·
Premium Member
6,040 Posts

One of the guys gave me three holsters he said had been laying in his garage for years, and he said he couldn’t give them away. I told him I’d be happy to take them.
I already have the tanker rig, but a spare is nice. I have also been wanting the Bianchi holster that came in to service with the M9.

The leather flap holster is an enigma. The 1911 doesn’t fit, and neither does a M10 revolver.

"ANYONE KNOW WHAT IT MAY BE MADE FOR"?

View attachment 363909
No, BUT I've got one JUST like it! 😂 Had it for ages, & I've never found out/pursued finding out! 🙃 Gun show, "tub-o-holsters" find. Thought it fit a pistol I have. (??)

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
My Tanker holster gets a lot of use. I wear it on canoe trips and when I cross country ski. My Bianchi holster and web belt, however, spends most of its time in the plastic holster tub. That's really too bad because it is a very comfortable way to carry a pistol.

·
Registered
7,845 Posts
I recall you wearing that tanker rig and a 1911 a lot when we were out banging around your family’s property.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
I like the Bianchi Beretta holsters. The ones we had in the arms room were pretty ratty, so I bought a personal one for my issued M9- No complaints. I have it set-up now with my 90's vintage Brigadier, and wore it quite a bit around the property when the stupids were happening in 2020. I also have a black one used with my 1006.

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
The leather flap looks very much like a holster I got with a small revolver ..... it may fit a revolver for you.

EDIT: actually it was only a small caliber revolver, a .22. It's a six inch pipe on it though, so it's not really all that small.

·
Registered
3,155 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,498 Posts
If the small "K" frame doesn't fit, I wouldn't think the larger Colt New Service or S&W's second Model Hand Ejector would? I could be wrong though. :unsure:

Reactions: msgt/ret

·
Registered
44,728 Posts
Just keep buying guns until you find one that fits the holster.

·
Registered
21,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Reactions: Pete63 and OD*

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
I thought the M1917 revolver holsters looked like this...

Reactions: msgt/ret and OD*

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
My guess on the full-flap holster is that a 1911 may have originally fit, but age has caused the leather to shrink and stiffen. If it is one of the cheap imports from over the decades, that issue could be enhanced or even non-fitting from the date of purchase.

·
Registered
4,267 Posts

Anyone know what it may be made for?

View attachment 363909
Revolver. S&W modle 10 or Ruger Security Six.

·
Registered
21,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Reactions: Pete63

·
Super Moderator
22,498 Posts
The M1912 holster was designed for the Colt M1911 pistol, the M1909 & M1917 holsters were designed for the M1909/M1917 Colt/S&W revolvers.

Reactions: msgt/ret
1 - 20 of 23 Posts