Defensive Carry banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive acquired over 100 lbs of sheet lead. I shoot 357 sig, 40 cal ( both from a g27)and .45acp
My family shares a dillon 650 reloader and I've loaded some .45 swc bullets for my Kimber, but I'd like to start casting my own. Where is a good place for info and the tools needed.
I'm aware I need to make an alloy to have more antimony and tin for hardness, especially with sheet lead. But how much and where to obtain it is the crux
Ideas?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Ive acquired over 100 lbs of sheet lead. I shoot 357 sig, 40 cal ( both from a g27)and .45acp
My family shares a dillon 650 reloader and I've loaded some .45 swc bullets for my Kimber, but I'd like to start casting my own. Where is a good place for info and the tools needed.
I'm aware I need to make an alloy to have more antimony and tin for hardness, especially with sheet lead. But how much and where to obtain it is the crux
Ideas?
Maybe you already have but I would be searching the "reloading section" of this forum.

Have fun and be safe! I think the fumes of lead can be toxic.

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
rotmetals.com

They may not have the best prices but they have the best selection/availability.

Cast Boolits is a great resource of info.

LASC Is another great source of info. They may be set up by rotometals, they certainly tout them as a source of materials.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts