Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bad situation, good outcome.

Scottsdale Home Owner Uses Shotgun to Stop Naked Home Invader Caught in His Child’s Room

Discovering a home invader in your house is frightening enough. Catching one in your child’s room — masked and naked — is probably every parent’s worst nightmare.

A Scottsdale physician was working in an outbuilding on his property Wednesday night when the family dog raised the alarm.

From 12news.com:
The man began to check the property armed with a shotgun. When the resident entered the room of one of his children, he was confronted by a naked man, police say.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/scottsdale-home-owner-uses-shotgun-to-stop-naked-home-invader-caught-in-his-childs-room-video/

·
Registered
487 Posts
The sound of that shotgun inside of a house must have been very loud.
I doubt the good Dr. heard it. Since the perp doesn't appear to be identified yet, it's likely he didn't hear it either.

... and damn, what a house... a football team could file in there and he wouldn't know about it on the other end of that thing.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Physician with a gun? Say it isn't so, Ethel! The MSM seems so intent on projecting the image that all doctors are against owing guns.
Not just the MSM. The various professional societies are in on it. According to the owner of the range I frequent, there are far more doctors who own and train with guns than people think, even in highly "liberal" institutions... they are just mum about it at work, and accidentally find out when they meet each other at the range.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Physician with a gun? Say it isn't so, Ethel! The MSM seems so intent on projecting the image that all doctors are against owing guns.
During my many years in the holster business I sent out a lot of concealment rigs to folks with MD behind their names. Also NP, PA, RN, LPN, DVM, DDS and other medical credentials. Many hospitals are located in rough areas. Many medical offices are targeted for robbery or burglary. In my experience these professionals tend to be people of intelligence and awareness, and I'm not surprised that many choose not to be victims. Enlightened self-interest!

·
Super Moderator
19,222 Posts
Remember, this is Arizona. Local media have stopped short of outright praising the doc, but they are all smiles about the happy outcome.

·
Registered
8,001 Posts
I gotta question why at bedroom distance, with a shotgun, it took two rounds to bring down a naked suspect. You can take down a man-eating lion with one shotgun round at that range. And that close, the shot size wouldn't matter that much. At that distance, all the shot would have patterned into only a few inches and had lots of velocity.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I gotta question why at bedroom distance, with a shotgun, it took two rounds to bring down a naked suspect. You can take down a man-eating lion with one shotgun round at that range. And that close, the shot size wouldn't matter that much. At that distance, all the shot would have patterned into only a few inches and had lots of velocity.
If he was high on drugs, anything is possible.
Some drugs effectively eliminate any pain response. Some cause elevated temperatures (thus the shedding of clothes) along with increased adrenaline levels (less pain response).
Some are psychotropic and may lead to hallucinations.

Just one possible explanation.
Could also be poor shot placement with the first shot. Even a shotgun won't overcome a poorly placed shot.

I'm not going to armchair quarterback the Dr. He did what he had to do to keep his family safe.
I'm sorry he was forced to do what he did, but thankful for the positive outcome.
Praying his family has no long term consequences from the experience.

·
Registered
33,868 Posts
Maybe the good doctor has an abundance of ammo.

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
If he was high on drugs, anything is possible.
Some drugs effectively eliminate any pain response. Some cause elevated temperatures (thus the shedding of clothes) along with increased adrenaline levels (less pain response).
Some are psychotropic and may lead to hallucinations.

Just one possible explanation.
Could also be poor shot placement with the first shot. Even a shotgun won't overcome a poorly placed shot.

I'm not going to armchair quarterback the Dr. He did what he had to do to keep his family safe.
Ik'm sorry he was forced to do what he did, but thankful for the positive outcome.
Praying his family has no long term consequences from the experience.
Agree when my dad was a cop he told me about his partner and he both emptied their service revolvers into a guy high on PCP.
12 rounds of .38 special and he still got his hands around his partner’s neck before he bled out.
Some drugs will turn them superhuman.
Dad said the most frightening experience in his 30 years on the job

1 - 20 of 29 Posts