1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Banned
2,569 Posts
Considering that the site is loading far more slowly than it normally already does, I bet they're going to be going out of stock quickly.

·
Banned
3,119 Posts
It's on S&W's website now too.. Well I guess Springfield, Taurus, SCCY, Glock,and Ruger can kiss a chunk of their sales goodbye sales for a month or two. Depending on the caliber, the Shield is now $100 less than LC9s Pro, $200+ less than XDs, G43, and PPS M2, and $300 less than the already over priced Glock. We have Obama and Trump to thank for this. I $200 Shields, $400 ARs, wonder what will be next. :danceban:

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
Can't beat that deal (on pretty much any of their guns). I hate that I already got the .45 Shield...

Reactions: drmordo

·
Banned
3,119 Posts
Can't beat that deal (on pretty much any of their guns). I hate that I already got the .45 Shield...
I feel your pain! I literally just picked up my Shield 45 this week, after paying $360 for it, and then they come out with this deal! :mad: I'm going to try and sell the Shields I already own.... I just brought a Shield 9mm with night sights and the 45 Shield performance center so I can get the rebate. Even if I loose a little in a face to face sale, I'll still be better off...

·
Registered
534 Posts
I better hurry up and get my wife to try a Shield 9. If she likes it, I'll have to try and get enough pennies together to buy one before the end of June. Be nice to have a little more to get a BG 380 for a pocket gun too...wife first and foremost.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Bought two Shield 9's just now while sitting on the pooper- $249 apiece! Local store Northwest Armory had this deal on their site all last week, with a layaway option, but I wanted to wait until 4/1 just to makes sure there weren't any warranty issues. Already have 3 Shield 40's, but had been thinking about switching to 9. . .

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
The pricing on Walthers, at least the PPS M2 are down as well.
Good for those buying guns, but some will wish they sold or traded
a few months ago.

My next handgun will probably be a Ruger KLCR .357 with the copper
(colored) cylinder. Or a LCRx .357 copper.

I'm going to steer my relative towards a $240 Shield in 9mm though.

That's far less than even a used LC9 or LC9s.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Its a buyers market for sure...

Reactions: drmordo and G-man*

·
Banned
2,569 Posts
Too bad S&W doesn't have deals on their revolver lines. I can think of a few beauties I'd pick up again with 100 or so knocked off the price. My only concern is if people who buy these Shields end up not liking them, they'll cry when they go to try and sell them.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I feel your pain! I literally just picked up my Shield 45 this week, after paying $360 for it, and then they come out with this deal! :mad: I'm going to try and sell the Shields I already own.... I just brought a Shield 9mm with night sights and the 45 Shield performance center so I can get the rebate. Even if I loose a little in a face to face sale, I'll still be better off...
What did you pay for the Performance Center 45 version if I may ask? I REALLY want one of those but probably going to settle for just the cheap version.

·
Banned
3,119 Posts
What did you pay for the Performance Center 45 version if I may ask? I REALLY want one of those but probably going to settle for just the cheap version.
$459.99 shipped - $75 rebate = 384.99.... Figured I was going to buy new sights anyway for around $100, so might as well get the PC version. Prices will go back to normal a few mouths after the rebate, so you shouldn't lose much on resale..

·
Registered
622 Posts
what's the typical transfer fee gun shops charge? just called my local one here in PA and he said it would be $50 for out of state and $30 for in state. Is that good/normal. Does anyone know where the "Sportsman Outdoor Superstore" is located/state? My local gun shop also said they would have to check to see if this company is on their "approved" list of places they deal with or not and that he would call me back in a few minutes to let me know. I hope they are on their list I want to get the 9mm at this great price.

·
Registered
622 Posts
what's the typical transfer fee gun shops charge? just called my local one here in PA and he said it would be $50 for out of state and $30 for in state. Is that good/normal. Does anyone know where the "Sportsman Outdoor Superstore" is located/state? My local gun shop also said they would have to check to see if this company is on their "approved" list of places they deal with or not and that he would call me back in a few minutes to let me know. I hope they are on their list I want to get the 9mm at this great price.
Well just heard back from my local shop and they said they don't do business with this company and the best that they can offer is $425. Man soo disappointed. Does anyone in my area of south eastern PA know of a dealer that would work with this company?

·
Banned
3,119 Posts
Well just heard back from my local shop and they said they don't do business with this company and the best that they can offer is $425. Man soo disappointed. Does anyone in my area of south eastern PA know of a dealer that would work with this company?
$20-$30. I'm SURE that there are other FFLs in your area that charge less. In my area, most gun shops usually charge the ($35-$50) for transfers, but firearm customization and gunsmithing shops and other FFLs who's main source of income isn't selling firearms usually are the cheapest. If you PM me your zip code, I can try a get a list of FFLs you can call.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
I didn't know about the rebate and picked a Shield .45 on 3/31/17 I send in for the rebate this morning, hope they honor it, any way I'm pretty happy with the Shield.
I think its got the perfect size, at least for me, lighter than the 1911SC that I'm carrying these days and was 100% reliable with 50 PMC, 50 of my reloads and 25 Speer HPs, waiting on holster and one more range trip and on CC duty.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
My LGS had this ad in Thursday's paper. These prices are after rebate and before tax.
M&P Shield $249
Performance Center Shield 9 $334
Shield 45 w/thumb safety $274

When I checked just before the ad there were plenty of all models in stock. I already have 2 9's and a 45 so I'm set.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts