Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
EDIT - Update #1 [ below ] - In transit to - nowhere.
EDIT -
Update #2 [ below ] - Today's call contradicts, says no intention to deliver.
EDIT -
Update #3 [ below ] - Package actually gets delivered.

I have never shipped a firearm before, so when it came time to ship one I tried to do everything right. My FFL to their FFL, their FFL being Palmetto State Armory.

The flaw: In creeps a postal worker like a fly in the freakin' ointment.

So here's what happened. The postal worker, with a handgun in a box, walks into the front door of Palmetto. Nobody will take it because the people at the front cannot legally sign off as the FFL. They have a shipping and receiving department, right? And a receiving door about 100 feet down from the main entrance.

The Postal Worker doesn't react well to the cashiers refusing to sign to for it, so he scribbles "refused delivery" on a post it note, stuck it to a door window, and left.

Next step: Schedule a re-delivery, right?

I fill out the re-delivery form on the USPS website and when I hit submit I get a message that says "Cannot reschedule a re-delivery, pick it up at the location below". LOL. We all know you can't take possession of a firearm at a Post Office. So guess what? I have no recourse.

I'll update this thread with what happens next in case others go through the same thing. Needless to say I'm so angry I feel like I'm going to have a friggin stroke.

·
Premium Member
8,002 Posts
UPS...or nut'n!! (maaayybee fedX, IF..no other recourse) My "Sister" works for the miserable outfit you used. To my knowledge, she's "THE ONLY ONE WITH A BRAIN at the entire mess"! :unsure:

Reactions: ctr

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
USPS, unavoidably stupid pathetic service.

• Love
Reactions: Pete63

·
Registered
5,398 Posts
Not that they would possibly be doing such things on purpose.
Probably not why bother even attempting to deliver it if they were?? The Palmeto staff could just as easily called someone over from receiving to sign for it 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️.

·
Premium Member
7,193 Posts
Well what do you know . . . you've discovered another arm of the liberal administration - USPS! Isn't it amazing how that works! (or rather, doesn't work)

• Love
Reactions: Pocketgunner

·
Registered
181 Posts
Well what do you know . . . you've discovered another arm of the liberal administration - USPS! Isn't it amazing how that works! (or rather, doesn't work)
So very silly; is the USPS only screwed up when Dems are in power??????
While this was a bad situation and the letter carrier should be canned,is this typical of USPS performance or somewhat of an unusual happening.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
So very silly; is the USPS only screwed up when Dems are in power??????
While this was a bad situation and the letter carrier should be canned,is this typical of USPS performance or somewhat of an unusual happening.
Typical. Name one government agency that is efficient or effective.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
I get mail everyday and my letter carriers always smile and wave 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
I've had both. We moved and a few years later, our carrier dropped off mail to us from our old address.

We moved again. We started getting some mail at the new address while the old owners were still there. Fine. Then, we moved in and the carrier refused to give us our mail. He was having it sent back to sender. I had to complain to the post office twice. He found ways to stick it to us over the next couple of years until we got a new carrier.

·
Registered
52,694 Posts
My house number is XXX. USPS had a habit of delivering my mail to any house in town with the number XXX, and in turn, I would get theirs. I started writing on the envelopes "Delivered to wrong address 'again' " in red ink, which seemed to upset the mail carrier to no end. Told me to stop writing on the envelopes. I told them to stop delivering the mail to wrong addresses and I would. I stopped getting other people's mail--don't know if they stopped getting mine.

Reactions: lance22

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
I just encountered the difficulty in shipping a firearm this past week.

What I found out:

The only way to ship a firearm now is to do it overnight air through UPS. You also (apparently due to Brandon) have to go through an FFL with an account, you can no longer go to any UPS store. I found out that this is now a UPS policy adopted within the last 60 days from my local UPS outlet. FedEx will not ship firearms at all…….

• Sad
Reactions: GRCarry and lance22

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
My house number is XXX. USPS had a habit of delivering my mail to any house in town with the number XXX, and in turn, I would get theirs. I started writing on the envelopes "Delivered to wrong address 'again' " in red ink, which seemed to upset the mail carrier to no end. Told me to stop writing on the envelopes. I told them to stop delivering the mail to wrong addresses and I would. I stopped getting other people's mail--don't know if they stopped getting mine.
The dumpster by the post office fills up faster now.

·
Registered
8,440 Posts
The receiving FFL needs to call the local postmaster.
This, And its not strictly true that only a receiving agent could sign for it. Unless that is just company policy. As long as the person who opens the box and logs it in is an approved person within the company, no laws have been broken.
I used to ship guns to myself all the time in care of my Mom. As long as she does not open the package, she is just in care of a wrapped package. When I returned home from a trip I would open and log them into my bound book. [ and remember to bring Mom something for her trouble!]
But as above the local postmaster needs to get involved and educate both the receiving customer and the postal carrier. DR

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
UPDATE #1

A week and a half ago I sent a handgun from my FFL in Minnesota to an FFL in Georgia, Palmetto State Armory. My local FFL used the USPS Priority Mail which began this comedy.

Shortly after the postal worker refused to take the package to the "receiving door", as instructed by the Palmetto Staff, I began receiving package updates that the package was in transit to the next location. A couple days afterward I received a notification that it had arrived at the Regional Hub in Jacksonville FL, and the next day I received notifications that it was in transit to the next facility which I presumed was my FFL here in Minnesota.

Not so.

I called the 1-800 number and after some trial and error I spoke with a person about the package. They claimed that package has been there for several days, which I don't believe since I think the scans for transport do not lie (?). She was wondering why it requires a signature and why somebody couldn't just pick it up. SO. I think I talked them into scheduling a re-deliver to Palmetto. In a day or two I'll repeat the process of calling around and coming up to speed on where the package is at.

What a fiasco. It has not been delivered. It has not been returned. But, at least I think I know where it is.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts