Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about changing my store uniform to black scrubs. They are inexpensive and very comfortable. Since I do repairs I get to play on the whole doctor thing. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone else here wears scrubs on a regular basis and conceals? I am pretty sure that my Supertuck weighed down with my Glock 27 isn't going to work with the traditional scrub pants. I am afraid that I am probably going to have to get something smaller and pocket carry. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
169 Posts
I wear scrubs (hospital-issue green) on a regular basis and can't find any way to pocket carry my S&W 642 and have it not look like a 2 pound banana in my back pocket. And that's with a Mika holster.

Good luck playing on the doctor thing and finding a way to carry!

·
Banned
1,098 Posts
When I carry in scrubs I just use clip on suspenders to hold the scrub pants up.
Or you can get elastic waist band scrubs

Reactions: mark32812

·
Registered
179 Posts
I am thinking about changing my store uniform to black scrubs. They are inexpensive and very comfortable. Since I do repairs I get to play on the whole doctor thing. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone else here wears scrubs on a regular basis and conceals? I am pretty sure that my Supertuck weighed down with my Glock 27 isn't going to work with the traditional scrub pants. I am afraid that I am probably going to have to get something smaller and pocket carry. Any thoughts?
Most scrub pants only have 1 rear pocket and no belt loops. pants are held up by cord in waistband. There are no front pockets for pocket carry of a pistol.

You'll probably need a smart carry. See: SmartCarry concealed holster review | Gibberish Is My Native Language :tumbleweed:

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
Ask Bruce Willis how to use duct tape properly. The first Die Hard movie is still one of my favorites.
Okay....okay.....SmartCarry maybe?

·
Banned
1,706 Posts
Can you say "Belly Band"?

Galco Belly Band Holster

Should be the ticket under the loose fitting scrub top

And it could make you look slimmer and trimmer to boot :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
50,611 Posts
Florida wouldn't allow carry in the hospitals, but a KelTec .380 would easliy stay in a SOB holster...I use that mode at the gym to walk the tread mill...it easliy stays in place. You could also put a P-3AT in a front pocket.

·
Registered
266 Posts
When I'm working in scrubs I usually end up with an ankle holster for my Kel-Tec .380.
Trying to conceal it any other way has always been very obvious.

·
Registered
22,908 Posts
I'd go with a KelTec equipped with their clip.

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
SmartCarry! :wink:

·
Banned
1,098 Posts
Most scrub pants only have 1 rear pocket and no belt loops. pants are held up by cord in waistband.
Spoken like someone who hasn't seen the newer models of scrubs

·
Registered
11,313 Posts
Smartcarry.:yup:

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
time for old school,,,ankle holster.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Fanny pack, ankle holster, smartcarry, belly band, shoulder holster(depending on how loose cut your top is and if you're willing to wear a tshirt)....

There's lots of ways to carry without requiring a belt available to you.

·
Registered
260 Posts
The drawback I see with a shoulder holster is running into a "huggy" friend and having to avoid the contact for fear of being made. I find it easy to turn my right arm low and under the hugger's left arm so that strong-side carry is not discovered. In your circumstance, it seems that ankle carry would be the way to go, although slower on the draw.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ahhhh, I like the shoulder holster option assuming my top is baggy enough. Good thing I planned to wear it baggy anyways.

Plus, I'm not too worried about "huggy" friends. The few people I get close enough to hug already know I carry or are in the "circle of trust".

·
Registered
15,176 Posts
regular belt and holster around your waist under the scrubs

1 - 20 of 24 Posts