Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've gotten my wife and I hooked on Sea Patrol on Amazon. They use a rifle that looks more like a paintball gun without the hopper. Any idea what kind of rifle it is? Definitely a short barrel rifle. Weird looking bugger.

·
Registered
7,193 Posts
It's Hollywood...it probably shoots bug spray.

That looks suspiciously like the Coast Guard denied the producers the rights to use them as the story line.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Back in the 60s Disney came out with The Boatniks. The CG put out the word no one was allowed to see it, my Dad being the good Coast Guardsman he was took us to see it opening weekend! 😂

·
Registered
9,598 Posts
Is this the Aussie show ? Then a Styer Aug or more correctly a F88 the aussi model of the Aug Sea Patrol - Internet Movie Firearms Database - Guns in Movies, TV and Video Games

At one point they were going to import a semi auto model for the USA but chicken out / could not get it oked

the f88 is not even close to short barrel normal barrel is 20inch on most models they do make some ultra short barrel model in 9mm and such but most normal ones are 20inc ..Nature of it being a bullpup ..I think they are working on phasing them out soon though ...They are odd as unlike the normal Austrian models they have a bayonet lug

Neat gun esp the lock out sytem for the trigger as full auto burst are easy to do in painic with a Aug if you dont know the gun (ie there is no selectore light push is semi hold it down for rock and roll)

Reactions: OldChap

·
Registered
34,765 Posts
Back in the 60s Disney came out with The Boatniks. The CG put out the word no one was allowed to see it, my Dad being the good Coast Guardsman he was took us to see it opening weekend! 😂
I can think of no better way to ensure everyone sees it.

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Kind of like putting some places off limits - that didn't work either.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yup, the F88 looks like it might be it. A lot of the video shots are from the dominant side and covers up most of the rifle. Never got a good look at the whole thing, but looks like it might be it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts