Defensive Carry banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was posted as having been received from Sears:

Thank you for your recent e-mail correspondence regarding Sears no firearms policy in our stores. Please be assured that we understand your frustration, and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

By sharing your concerns, you have enabled us to address the issues and provide feedback to the appropriate person. Truly, your remarks provide forthright feedback that will enable Sears to achieve excellence in everything we do.

We appreciate your business, and value you as a Sears customer. We certainly hope you will continue to make Sears your choice for quality and value.

Again, we thank you for taking the time to contact our office with your concern.

Sincerely,

National Customer Relations
Sears Holdings Corp.

My comments:
K-mart has always been anti-gun. Recall when 9-11 occurred, K-mart terminated all gun and ammo sales and then completely discontinued the sale of guns and ammo.

Now, right after the Sears-K-Mart merge, Sears forbids carry. Makes you wonder doesn't it? They will be getting an e-mail from me stating that neither I nor mine will be doing business with K-mart or Sears.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Has anyone seen a sign at Sears? I haven't been to Sears in quite some time, so I don't know.

·
Administrator
143,595 Posts
Sears

Just went to Sears North of PGH. last week.
Did not see anything posted. Of course I was not really looking for any signs....omens...or superstitions.
I carried in there. What can they do...ask me to leave if I walk too close to a giant magnet in there and get stuck? :rofl:

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
There's no sign at the Sears near here, it's part of one of the malls, never seen a sign a the mall either.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
QKShooter said:
What can they do...ask me to leave if I walk too close to a giant magnet in there and get stuck? :rofl:
Another advantage to carrying Glocks. Less chance of getting stuck on giant magnets.

·
Super Moderator
13,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
JT said:
Another advantage to carrying Glocks. Less chance of getting stuck on giant magnets.
Sigs are AL alloy with stainless slides or all stainless - hence they aren't magnetic at all. Well, just a little.

Here's my impression: Sear's isn't posting, but it is nonetheless their policy. Shopping with them condons their policy.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I hardly ever shop there, but if I can get confirmation of their policy, I will boycott them. I have been a part of two successful boycotts – Home Depot and Best Buy. Both quickly saw the error of their ways. I was also part of the K-Mart boycott. They didn’t mend their evil ways, and it hurt them. I’m sure it was not the only reason, but it was after gunowners started boycotting them that they really took a tumble. I think they pulled completely out of Texas.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Ron - I made a reply on your email thread

http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=4355

Home Depot, Best Buy - in fact all stores in my parts have no signs up - I think PA is good in this respect - tho were anyone to ''try it on'' they'd soon be notified of loss of my business as well as any other folks I could inform.

·
Super Moderator
13,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
FWIW, in Tennessee a business can be a no carry by just "declaring" it, they don't have to post or announce. It's up to the CCW to determine the business's policy.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Thx for link JT - shucks my memory is short!

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
As i posted in other thread Sears no carry police is for employees not the General public.. ours arent posted here and they have to be

·
Registered
998 Posts
I replied in the email thread that Sears and Kmart had merged, but I see that info is in this thread.

I've never seen a Sears posted as no carry.

The mall in Macon, GA, was doubled in size several years ago. Bascially, they built a second mall beside the old one and connected them. To get from one side of the mall to the other you have to go through the Sears store.

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
joe/OH said:
JT,

I had heard rumors on Home Depot but not Best Buy. Can you give me the scoop?
South Florida has no problem with CC in Home Depot. Same with Loews. Best Buy used to deny concealed carry, but dropped that policy. I haven't been to Sears recently, but I'd be surprised if they said no to CCW.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Home Depot was the same deal as Best Buy. They started it in Ohio (who had brand new concealed carry laws) and planned to spread it nation wide. A nation wide boycott pledge from gun owners made them quickly change their minds. The lesson from Home Depot and Best Buy is we need to act together nation wide. If they put the signs up in Ohio, all of us should boycott. If you let them do it one place, it will spread.

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
I know home depots sign of no carry was short lived lowes right around the corner put up a sign said CCW holders and there Guns welcome

1 - 18 of 18 Posts