Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://kfor.com/2019/11/12/self-proclaimed-second-amendment-auditor-arrested-in-oklahoma-city/

“Timothy Harper has posted videos of himself openly carrying firearms into private businesses and on public property. In the clips, Harper claims to be conducting ‘First and Second Amendment audits.

'I started carrying the AR-15 pistol around to help migrate our law enforcement officers and citizens into realizing that when you see a citizen with a rifle, it’s not always a bad thing,” said Harper."

Bad plan, IMO. Apparently, the business owner, local authorities and the Oklahoma Second Amendment Association agree.

·
Registered
7,843 Posts
He probably should have considered what the law says about carrying on property where alcohol is served. However, on a personal level, just like the Walmart guy, Im not bothered by it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Way back when, my friends and I would carry our rifles down to the dump to target shoot. We walked through town. Not a word was said, nor were we approached by police. Them days are gone.

Nowadays, I am discrete and maintain a low profile. Attracting attention to ones self is just asking for trouble. Add Red Flag laws to the mix and your liable to get your firearms confiscated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,055 Posts
At least they arrested him for actually violating a law, unlike the guy in Springfield, who they arrested and then figured out something they could charge him with, knowing they wouldn't have to prove it, because it would be plead down later.

I definitely disagree these so-called "2A auditors," but at the same time they show us something important. If you upset people enough with legal open carry, you can still get SWATTED and arrested, even in pro-gun states like MO and OK.

The way to do this kind of 2A testing is not as a lone wolf. The way to do it is like the VCDL does it. We have 1,000 people show up at the state capital all OC'ing, maybe 50 or so with ARs and AKs. We tell the cops we're coming so they are not surprised. The cops and everyone else are really nice to us. Then we are out and about half the day for everyone, including the media, to see. The anti-gunners complain and the cops tell them no law is being violated. That way the world gets the message and no one gets busted.

·
Banned
2,103 Posts
The guy is a jerk trying to grow an audience not raise consciousness about 2A or audit LEO response to 2A situations. Our interests are not well represented by jerks who seek headlines and/or audiences by portraying themselves as advocates for our interests. Such actions only make us look bad in the eyes of the public. None of us (I hope) flaunt our guns. This guy does and puts it on YouTube while striving to get on local news.

·
Premium Member
33,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Way back when, my friends and I would carry our rifles down to the dump to target shoot. We walked through town. Not a word was said, nor were we approached by police. Them days are gone.

Nowadays, I am discrete and maintain a low profile. Attracting attention to ones self is just asking for trouble. Add Red Flag laws to the mix and your liable to get your firearms confiscated.

What you and your friends were doing, unlike what the auditor did, was (probably) legal.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
That way the world gets the message and no one gets busted.
Given the new state of Virginia, I have to wonder how that message gets interpreted, and if it will, in turn, prompt legislative changes. Sticking a gun in someone's face often provokes a strong reaction. I wonder how that tactic will play out. Is VCDL looking to create a case to take up to SCOTUS?

·
Premium Member
1,831 Posts
From the article -- "Harper often livestreams himself openly carrying a rifle or AR-15 pistol in public places and being confronted by police. He has said his goal is to educate the police on gun laws and make the public more comfortable with seeing legally armed citizens. His critics contend he just wants the attention and makes money by posting his videos on YouTube."

Oh boy. Here we go again....

·
Registered
7,843 Posts
Given the new state of Virginia, I have to wonder how that message gets interpreted, and if it will, in turn, prompt legislative changes. Sticking a gun in someone's face often provokes a strong reaction. I wonder how that tactic will play out. Is VCDL looking to create a case to take up to SCOTUS?
Sounds like a good reason for the protests.

Reactions: OD*

·
Banned
1,100 Posts

And there is no need to get rid of the 2nd Amendment as the ability to exercise the right to bear arms is shamed and scared out of existence.

Reactions: Havok and dp1911

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
From the article -- "Harper often livestreams himself openly carrying a rifle or AR-15 pistol in public places and being confronted by police. He has said his goal is to educate the police on gun laws and make the public more comfortable with seeing legally armed citizens. His critics contend he just wants the attention and makes money by posting his videos on YouTube."

Oh boy. Here we go again....
BUT...BUT... BUT........:smile:

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Harper is correct, letting people see people carry rifles, perfectly legal, is the only way to get people used to it and make it acceptable, just like the homosexuals forced their lifestyle to be accepted. It's total corruption to make something explicitly legal and then arrest someone when they do it.

However, was that really a pistol? Just because it's a pistol caliber doesn't make it a pistol. It looks like it has a shoulder stock, which makes it an SBR, not a pistol.

1 - 20 of 142 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.