Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If the gear you carry on your person is considered your first line. I would like to know who carries a second line of gear on a daily basis. This would be a bag you would carry into work/have in your vehicle with you and would agument your defense for a time period of 72hours . Lets see some pics of your bag/gear, a list of it's contents, and your reasons why you decided on the gear you did. Let us know if you have a third line ready to augment your first & second line for a longer time frame. No need to list contents or upload any pics for the third line.

·
Registered
95 Posts
This is what I'm looking for. I'm could use some ideas for a secondary bag. I'm building something to keep in the car and jeep for the wife and would like a second bag for plan c,d,e

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've got a small bob that I carry about everywhere. Mostly just for personal items, personal first aid, multi-tool, flashlight, etc... I am constantly adding/deleting things. I'll look forward to following this thread for some ideas.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
About a month ago I started researching Bug Out Bags and have been slowly putting my 2nd line of gear togather. I will try to take my pictures tomorrow and post them. I would say the two things I have added that my wife has laughed at me thus far for would be the $11 titanium spork and the $60 MSR titanium kettle. There is a ton of stuff out the on the net, just search BOB...

·
Registered
100 Posts
I keep a pared down BoB in my car all the time. First aid, flashlight, spare batteries, blanket, change of clothes, hygiene kit, old non-service cell phone for the camera/video, paracord, small fixed blade knife, a Blastmatch fire starter, a poncho, a light packable water-resistant hooded jacket, two MRE's, two 26 oz. bottled waters and a good pair of walkin' boots. I also have a Midland 75-822 CB radio with a roof antenna in my car, which easily converts to a hand-held walkie-talkie on batteries in seconds, and I carry the battery compartment and batteries for that in the car all the time too, as does my wife carry the same in her car, and we can communicate if we're within about 1 - 2 miles of each other.

I've forgotten some things I've got in there, but the pack's out in the car and I'm all cozy inside right now, but you've got the basic idea.

I don't see this as a "Bug-out Bag" as much as a "Get-Home-Bag." The SH'ingTF can take myriad forms, but if it's the real thing, meaning anarchy or riots or martial law or whatever, I want to have with me what it takes to hoof it back to base (home) as stealthily as possible. If I'm in town when it happens, or when I notice it, my first priority will be to get outta town, past the outskirts, and hike through as rural of areas as I can to get there, so it might mean one night in the elements, but not an extended stay, so I don't have fishing gear, snares etc. in this pack.

The pack is basically a day-pack, or patrol pack. It weighs about 25 or 30 pounds and will sustain me to hoof it home probably better'n 95% of the time that I'm away from the house. Once in awhile I'm further away and would probably come up short if I was more than 25 or 30 miles away, but I feel pretty well prepared for just about anything with what I've got.

Blues

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is mine thus far

Bag with waist strap
Cold weather gloves with thinner trigger finger
60’ of para-cord
Garmin Map60CsX GPS
Headlamp
Crank/solar weather radio w/cell phone charge port
TP
Water proof bag
Titanium tea Kettle
Titanium Spork
Extra eye glasses
Precious metals in small black zipper case
Compressed wash towel
Tiny stove w/3 fuel tablets
Cold weather head gear
36hrs worth of food bars (blue package, 5yr shelf life)
P38 can opener
Fixed blade Benchmade knife
Telescoping Gerber bone/tree saw
Extra batteries
Medic shears
Pens; 1 sharpie, 3 G2’s
Lighter
LED flashlight
Fire steel
Zip ties
Filtered drinking straw
Storm emergency whistle
Ear plugs
Signal mirror
Sharpening stone
Leatherman Super tool

Still missing stuff but im working on it... :hand10:

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
I found this site while looking for the same info... There is some pretty good info here...

edcforums.com

I've gotten a lot of good ideas from this forum...

·
Super Moderator
50,609 Posts
I found this site while looking for the same info... There is some pretty good info here...

edcforums.com

I've gotten a lot of good ideas from this forum...
Interesting site...bookmarked for further investigation...:yup:
Thanks for the info...:hand10:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts