Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's an interesting analysis in regards to the potential for the recent ruling in California to affect the "interpretation" of the Second Amendment. The author, Mark Overstreet, was a researcher for the NRA's ILA (Institute for Legislative Action). The article includes an explanation for the genesis of the "common use" test in regards to what arms are "legal" for civilians.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
This is an OUTSTANDING article, G26Raven. Printed to PDF and placed in my Firearms > Legal folder for future use. (y) :)

I particularly like this summary:

"As Judge Benitez wrote, “The command of the Amendment is that the right to keep and bear arms ‘shall not be infringed.’” Not some arms, but “Arms.” And not “infringed too much,” but “infringed” at all."

And yet, the entire article is loaded for bear.

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is an OUTSTANDING article, G26Raven. Printed to PDF and placed in my Firearms > Legal folder for future use. (y) :)

I particularly like this summary:

"As Judge Benitez wrote, “The command of the Amendment is that the right to keep and bear arms ‘shall not be infringed.’” Not some arms, but “Arms.” And not “infringed too much,” but “infringed” at all."

And yet, the entire article is loaded for bear.
Glad you find it useful. Thanks.

Reactions: since9

·
Registered
10,030 Posts
but the question is, will SCOTUS do the right thing?

Reactions: G26Raven

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Reactions: Havok

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Thanks for a good post and link. The more I read the more I admire Judge Benitez for clear thinking and logic, no tolerance for emotion or rhetoric. Simply outstanding in today's American jurisprudence.

·
Premium Member
5,158 Posts
The good judge is doing the right thing, but I'm not so sure the Supremes will follow his example or logic.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts