Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is from an interview on NBC today that a supposed former Secret Service Agent gave in response to the shooting at the capital. Here is a quote
A pistol can fire one round at a time. Pop [pause] pop [pause] pop. Which is what the capital police were carrying. This individual had a rifle - semi-automatic. Semi-automatic means you can switch it to a point where it fires Pop-pop-pop-pop [spoken rapidly], multiple rounds.
She is obviously making the assertion that a semi-automatic rifle is an automatic. This is a common belief of many that know nothing of firearms. I'm sure there are positions in the secret service that do not use firearms, but if that's the case don't get on TV making assertions that you have no business making.

So, either:

1. She has no (real) firearms knowledge
2. She's an idiot
3. She is repeating the false narrative because of her position on guns

You decide.

·
Super Moderator
16,105 Posts
Maybe that's why she's former Secret Service if she ever was and if she was the training they provide is bottom rung.
That is my thought also.

·
Registered
6,310 Posts
Very sad if she really is an ex-secret service agent.
She very well could be an EX for a reason, (not by choice), former is by choice. :danceban:

·
Registered
6,310 Posts
She very well could be an EX for a reason, (not by choice), former is by choice. :danceban:
She is dumb, but I am sure she knows what she is doing.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts