Defensive Carry banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Let's discuss the semi auto gunfire stream.

What automatic gunfire? In addition gotta love the news idiots " graphic images ". Of what? A chain link fence? Oh yah guy ducking for cover, in fear for his life, said a bad word. If I'd been there, filming that video, the only audio they could have played would have been one continuous beeeeeeeeeep! With an occasional sound of me taking a breath! I want to know how he, the shooter, got so close without alerting security! I guess that's a question for the other topic. Sorry

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Perhaps her description was purposely dumbed down for the masses. There are lots of folks who can't grasp the technicality of various firearms functionalities no matter how you try to describe it to them, even though it's really very simple to understand. But then there are also LEOs who
never fire their weapon except when they have to re qualify on the range so it's easy to see that unawareness of different mechanics can lend to poor knowledge of how they operate, even for someone who, one would think, should be aware of such things.

·
Registered
6,703 Posts
As someone who has been at a shooting, you would be surprised at haw fast people can get rounds off. even using a "wheel" gun!
Yes...Listen to the video from the baseball field and then listen to the bounty hunters / felon (YouTube) in the car showroom. The showroom sounds like full auto fire. 20 shots in 6 seconds.

·
Premium Member
33,735 Posts
A talking head who is putting up bogus info?

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
BTW, her LinkedIn page reports that she was in the Secret Service for 13 years leaving in 2013, graduated from Columbia University's graduate school of journalism and is now a " TV Correspondent and Security Analyst" Somehow I don't think she is waiting for Top Shot to go back on the air

·
Premium Member
2,833 Posts
None of us should be (or really are) surprised that a Secret Service Agent knows little about firearms........Just look at the ineptitude at the ATF....& they are the ones who are supposed to be firearms experts...

Attachments

·
Registered
176 Posts
What automatic gunfire? In addition gotta love the news idiots " graphic images ". Of what? A chain link fence? Oh yah guy ducking for cover, in fear for his life, said a bad word. If I'd been there, filming that video, the only audio they could have played would have been one continuous beeeeeeeeeep! With an occasional sound of me taking a breath! I want to know how he, the shooter, got so close without alerting security! I guess that's a question for the other topic. Sorry
'm not sure of your point. But let me 'slpain my sarcastic title. It, the title and my comment, was a smarmy response to the reports/suggestions of a stream of fully automatic fire upwards of 50 rounds. A person who happened to be recording, who is not a reporter or cameraman, seemed to have accidentally captured what does NOT sound like a string of full auto fire. What the video and audio seem to capture is a rhythm of fire that others, here in this forum, may be able to describe with a little more experience.

You other questions make no sense to me - how did the shooter get so close to what? How did a shooter walk with a bang bang stick?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm afraid her point escapes me. Is she implying that the bad man was also using an illegal firearm? Well shame on him!!! Umm, however I do believe he was actually already breaking the law at this point by shooting at the people and whether it was an illegal automatic or a legal semi-automatic is rather irrelevant. If some can clarify for me I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
712 Posts
'm not sure of your point. But let me 'slpain my sarcastic title. It, the title and my comment, was a smarmy response to the reports/suggestions of a stream of fully automatic fire upwards of 50 rounds. A person who happened to be recording, who is not a reporter or cameraman, seemed to have accidentally captured what does NOT sound like a string of full auto fire. What the video and audio seem to capture is a rhythm of fire that others, here in this forum, may be able to describe with a little more experience.

You other questions make no sense to me - how did the shooter get so close to what? How did a shooter walk with a bang bang stick?
Yes I too was being sarcastic there was no apparent automatic weapons fire. I certainly cannot be sure as I was not there. I base my conclusion on personal experience. Ask of my question how did you shoot it get so close? I would like to know how the shooter manage to walk out on a baseball field and commenced to fire a rifle with a supposedly security detail in place? Were they not paying attention to the surroundings and the bystanders? Or perhaps were they paying too much attention to the activities on the field? I didn't realize this was the wrong topic to post my questions on there and I added comments under the other topic concerning this matter. If you'd like to read my questions a little bit more in depth please View the other topic as I will not further hijack this thread and repost what I've already posted there. I hope this does clarify things for you. thank you for your comments

·
Super Moderator
23,207 Posts
^^^ oh, now that's embarrassing, I quoted myself.:confused::35::yup:
Don't worry. You can ignore the e-mails that way.

I do it all the time. :lolp:

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Most Feds are idiots when it come to weapons. I once sat through a presentation by an ATF agent and his working knowledge was pitiful and it was common gun nut knowledge that he was one of the better ones at the local office.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I believe they know exactly what they're saying. It is intentionally misleading in order to further their goal of disarming America.

They are enemies of our Constitution.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts