Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 246 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
a guy on a local forum was at a big box retail store when a security guard decided he was gonna disarm him sneakily....

GeorgiaPacking.org: Well it happened

Security guard today just tried to physically dis-arm me. Grabbed my right arm with his left hand and attempted to grab my pistol grip with his right. Elbow to the face and a back step rear kick/shin scrape to his right knee/shin...turned and hit him with a full body roundhouse punch. Knocked his a$$ out cold. Because the cops were called I can't give full details until everything is settled but it was at a big box store.

I knew he was there but he never said a word just walked right up and tried it.

·
Administrator
21,270 Posts
Well that was awfully smart of the guard, lucky he didn't get stabbed or beaten more badly, I think I would have kicked his teeth in. Definitely one to keep an eye on. +1 For the guy's situational awareness and addressing the grab.

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
Yup. Now THAT'S what we mean by weapon retention.

·
Registered
11,153 Posts
I just LMAO, all I could see is paul blart trying to take the gun. :tongue:

·
Premium Member
4,330 Posts
Just another reason I prefer CC to OC.

He was OC'ing according to the link supplied above.

·
Registered
7,586 Posts
This is what happens when people attempt to overstep their authority...after all, what kind of idiot tries to disarm a peaceful citizen carrying his pistol?

Hopefully, an unemployed one.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Well he's lucky he just suffered some Pop Nots and not any bullet holes. I just cant imagine what the security dummy was thinking.

·
Super Moderator
50,597 Posts
The 'armed citizen' was certainly within his rights to defend himself and control his weapon. I'd say that the store has some 'splainin' to do about the actions of its employees.:yup::image035:

·
Registered
94 Posts
This is just crazy!
I do not understand how somebody could try to put a finger on you.
The security guard over stepped his boundries!

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
This security guard was an idiot! One thing you NEVER do is attempt to touch anybody whatsover for any reason. This includes anything on their person whatsoever! Any security guard that wants to be a hero and assume that he can disarm a person who is OC'ing needs retraining.

If someone attempted to disarm me this way he/she would get the same results. This security guard forgot the first rule of working security. You are NOT a police officer and have no right to disarm ANYBODY. As a security guard you are no more than a "private citizen" wearing a uniform. No more, no less! This security guard deserved everything that happened to him.

I've worked as both an armed & unarmed security officer. I've been trained to first approach any individual and speak with the person before attempting something as bold as trying to remove a firearm from a person without their consent. This security officer was very poorly trained in the way he dealt with someone who was OC'ing.

I have NO sympathy for this idiot whatsever! Hopefully he will learn something from this incident.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
The man is lucky the guard didn't use any of his secret ninja training on him! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Wow talk about jackpot...got to teach a good lesson to a donkeys behind and I hope he has picked out the new toys "the big box store" will buy for him. The moment the guard touched him is it not considered assault? ...I think so. Assaulted by an employee of a big store I bet they want to keep it quiet.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Touching Someone

Wow talk about jackpot...got to teach a good lesson to a donkeys behind and I hope he has picked out the new toys "the big box store" will buy for him. The moment the guard touched him is it not considered assault? ...I think so. Assaulted by an employee of a big store I bet they want to keep it quiet.
Whenever you touch someone without their consent is Nevada that is considered a crime of "battery." In Nevada that is an ARRESTABLE offense. One security company I worked for explained that in great detail. You can NEVER touch anyone without their consent. If you touch someone that person may decide to have you arrested for "battery."

If I were to have touched the shoplifting suspect that would have put myself, my employer as well as the store where the "alleged" shoplifting suspect in a legally questionable situation. I would have been terminated at the least.

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
What the security guard is guilty of is assault and attempted theft,I would be lawyering up to sue the idiots that hired him

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
This is what happens when people attempt to overstep their authority...after all, what kind of idiot tries to disarm a peaceful citizen carrying his pistol?

Hopefully, an unemployed one.
Wow he must have been uninformed about the OC law's.... He is lucky that he is still alive and breathing.... This might not have been so good had it been someone else.... +1 to the Self Awareness:boese51::buttkick:

1 - 20 of 246 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.