Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can any of you all direct me to a good OWB (and maybe a IWB) for a 2 ¾” ruger security six?

I checked a couple of the holster sites I have used in past with no luck.

Thanks.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Any holster for a 3" S&W K frame should fit fine, and probably most for a 2.5", but if you want something made specifically for your gun Fist has it in their list of available models. It's a pretty old model, so I'm not surprised a lot of makers don't list it specifically, but it's still a damn fine gun.

I've had a couple of Fist OWB holsters for revolvers and think very highly of them. They offer about a jillion different models of holsters so good luck.

HOLSTERS

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
+1 on Fist. The Security Six is listed in their gun list, so you should be able to get any of their holsters.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I had a Safariland paddle w/thumb break for my Security Six 4 in. Excellent holster - liked it real well. It went with the revolver when I gave it to my son-in-law.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
A tightly-fitted holster made for a K-frame may well NOT fit a Security Six! The Security Sixes have deeper frames than S&W K-frames. Quite a few generic-fit holsters made for K-frames will work, but L-frame/Python/GP100 size is better.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help guys.

I did run into the Fist site late last night after seeing another member’s security six in a post for a 3” GP100 holster. They do look great.

Haven’t got the revolver yet, if the price is good I’m going to have to pick it up. Been wanting a shorter barrel revolver like that for some time now. I do carry my 4” GP100 OWB when I’m out on my property. A shorter barrel would be more convenient (or maybe just an excuse to pick up another handgun?).

The one thing I want to make sure doesn’t happen with the new holster is the top edge pushing the adjustable site down and changing the setting. It looks like there are more than enough options at Fist to stay away from that possibility.

Thanks again!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts