Defensive Carry banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
Actually I can't pick them out, but they always use the shadows as part of their concealment.

Just like I do when I am hunting on the ground.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Looking at pics is more difficult than being there. If we were actually standing there looking, knowing to look, we might have a better chance of spotting him. 2D images are much more difficult for the eyes to work with than being there in 3D.

He may still fool us, but our chances would be better, IMHO. If I didn't know to be looking, I'm sure I would have almost no chance to see him.

It would be fun to stand there in real time and try to spot him as a game.

Snipers are a fascinating lot. What they go through for many hours to try to get that one shot is incredible.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
I use to fish on the Yellow River on Eglin AFB with my Father in Law. The Rangers and Green Berets use to train there and every once in a while we would be sitting in the boat and a boatload of rangers would appear out of nowhere.

Reactions: mjadams61

·
Registered
887 Posts
Looks like some first class camo. I'd probably trip over him before I'd see him. Wouldn't want to be the object of his mission.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Wayback in a caveman times when I was in high school myself and three others took a little camping trip out to Montauk point on Long Island. We wandered off into the woods crossed into a posted area it said no trespassing. I was literally standing and relieving myself on the tree when out pops this guy, in camouflage, Carrying a loaded M-16. Unbeknownst to me I was on government property at some secret military installation. I still don't know exactly what it was. Turns out there were actually four of these camouflaged persons. I don't know what branch of the military they belong to but they were definitely military . They detained us, separated us, ( into guys and girls and then individually ). They then took us to some building that you couldn't of found if you walked right into it and proceeded to question us for the next four hours. I was never so scared in my whole life. I found out after about 3 1/2 hours in that they knew we were just kids and evidently they didn't have much to do so I figured They would mess with us for a few hours. Kinda put the fear of God into us. They finally let us go we don't warning to Abbe no trespassing signs and to this day I still know where I was or what they thought we were doing or what they did out there . I know back in WWII we had watchers station out there for German U-boats other That I don't have a clue. This happened back in the early to mid 70s if anybody has an idea what this installation could Have been I'd be interested to hear about it

·
Banned
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Was on liberty walking a trail on the army base near Panama city when a whole squad stood up. Walked right thru a training evolution, hate to admit it. I never saw 'em. It was strange, the billeting was all trailer type units. All of the hundreds of cats were pretty much identical ...black.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Knowing that there was someone in the pictures, I was able to pick out their places of concealment in three out of four photos, but I was never able to see them.

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Great camouflage

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
There are three sailors in that photo. All in different uniforms, though.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts