Defensive Carry banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My lucky day, I bought 1 box of WWB 380---$39.95, but at least they had it. Found about 10 boxes of the 100 count, and 10-15 boxes of the 50 count.

Lots of 9-mm, 40, and 45. Maybe better days ahead. On a sad note, Scheels had 17 HMR's 50 ct. $19.00 a box, seems like robbery.

The bulk pack of 22lr one could buy in the past for $8.99 on sale, now have a price of $24.95.:aargh4:

Z

·
Banned
13,685 Posts
Ammo of all kinds is starting to show up more often around these parts as well.

·
Super Moderator
50,585 Posts
Buy what you can find and afford...it may still be short lived...OMO:blink:

·
Super Moderator
17,120 Posts
Went to the Greenville, NC gunshow today and picked 4 boxes of 380 FMJ for $29 each, did see one other vendor with 380 JHP but $39 was more than I was willing to pay.

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Same here, good times. :smile:

·
Registered
829 Posts
WW has been having more also, I am willing to wait for it to come in because the price is less... This week saw, 45, 40, 9mm, 38, 22,

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Not so in the Detroit area:frown:
ABout the only thing I've seen much of is .40(I don't have a .40, yet). Occasionally some 9mm turns up, and it's gone in the blink of an eye. .45 is scarce, .38, .357 and .44 is unheard of anywhere but at the local fun shop.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
WW around here had a bunch of Remington UMC yellow box 250rd MEGA-PACKS in 9mm. and .40S&W. Bought a box of each. Considering the cost (from 27-29 cents a round) and the fact that I get some nice brass it was a good deal. Not much in other pistol calibers. It might shoot a little dirty but a little hobby time after sending them down range is good therapy.

bosco

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
In my area its hit or miss. Some stores have pistol ammo, some have only 9mm or .40. Some have nothing. I haven't been able to find .45acp in good supply anywhere. Only the gun shops have any quantities of it.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Found 380 last week for $17.99 for 50 rds. The owner told me he just sent 1/2 a case down to the gun show. I joked that he could get twice as much at the gun show for it. He just smiled. He had more ammo than I have seen in months. Bought a 500 pack of .22 for $20 or so. 9mm for $14.99 a box, remington white box. Getting a bit better around here.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I heard that some 380 is in the pipeline but once it arrives I don't think the round count will be high enough to cover demand. I did notice that the price for ammo will vary depending on the store.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Not much showing up here. All still scarce. Keep getting the same answer. Hard to get, and gone soon as it hits the shelf.

·
Registered
830 Posts
wally world here seems to have rifle rounds in stock the last 4 or 5 times i've gone. couple .223 bulk packs even. Saw a box of .44 mag one time and a decent amount of .40 cal. still no 9 or .45 but i reload so i'm more concerned about primers

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
It is sporadic around here, but at least it is coming in and I plan on buying a few more boxes. Like retsup99 said, it may be short lived.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I have a dumb question. Is the 380 that popular? Why is that cal. so exhausted?
Not a dumb question at all.

The reason the ammo is scarce in some parts of the country is two-fold.

First, there are many, many new gun owners and many are buying .380 guns - more than at any time in recent history.

The second reason is that, until the current buying frenzy, this was not all that popular a caliber and most manufacturers only made one or two production runs a year, and they were in modest amounts, compared to other calibers.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I actually found 9mm, .38, .40, and .45 at Walmart last week. Bought some 9 and left the rest for other people. Hope this is a sign of good things to come.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Good to hear about the .380 showing up in stores again.
I have a friend that carrys a KelTec and he has been
sweating about it lately.:rant:
I found some 9mm at WW last night , 147gr. JHP
for $13.97 for a box of 50 is hard to beat.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts