Defensive Carry banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
well if he gets that ill drag my s&w box back out and start throwing actions in em myself , i did attend the armorers school lol

·
Administrator
143,591 Posts
That Price A Joke ~ Wishful Thinking.

It's not even a good high polish.
The finish is carried, used, condition.
So for your extra $$$ you get:
3" barrel
Extended ejector rod
Smooth trigger
Carbon steel wide Hammer on a Stainless handgun.

How much would any of you folks pay for that S&W??:confused:

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Nice and very desirable piece to be sure, but I'm not certain if it's worth that much at all. The full length rod is unusual.

3" barrel N frames do have very high resale values. The model 696 will often go for over $700. Kittery can probably do better, hehe!

The odds are pretty good if they have had all that work done and got custom grips for it they may very well have $2000 invested in it. But you never ever recover your money on something like that unless you find a sucker or you're real lucky.

Worth a lot more than $300, but I don't think their price is reasonable.

As a user, I'd say it's worth $575 in all honesty because you just can't get a gun like that any more. $500 will get you a nice used S&W .44 Magnum just for reference.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
More than I would run to!!

But - would not be surprised if someone doesn't take it.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Exactly.

See that's the thing... my estimate is probably right as to what it should objectively be worth. But there aren't very many pieces like this, they aren't ever being made again in the forseeable future, and they're very desirable so they go for crazy amounts of money.

If I saw it for $700 I'd think about it. Hard.

·
Administrator
143,591 Posts
condition condition

It's a modest factory custom for carry ~ for sure not a full blown custom & it sure looks like it has already been carried quite a bit.
It's way overpriced.

·
Registered
6,739 Posts
I'll "Take bids" on this one I have...(JUST kidding).....notice.........NO sights........I posted this once before too when I got it......629-5 3 inch fixed sights..

·
Registered
6,739 Posts
Bruces45 said:
:nono: Finger on the trigger :nono:
:haha: ya caught me on that one Bruce! But I'lll be watching .. :yup: <JK> But it's obvously empty, cuz it dosen't have recessed chambers..:biggrin2:

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
I had one similar in a Lew Horton carry. Couldn't hit a barn with it.
It sure would scare people thou...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts