Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wife and I usually hits the Denny's about once a month and saturday I notice the 30.07 sign they had posted on the left side of the door way. Well since I carry conceal I was not worry about it. This was in Garland Texas.

Also the Nissan dealer on I30 and John King drive in Rockwall Texas also had one.

Reactions: Czombie

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Wife and I usually hits the Denny's about once a month and saturday I notice the 30.06 sign they had posted on the left side of the door way. Well since I carry conceal I was not worry about it. This was in Garland Texas.

Also the Nissan dealer on I30 and John King drive in Rockwall Texas also had one.

A 30.06 sign is a sign that a business owner can post to restrict a LTC (License to Carry) holder from entering the business with a concealed handgun.

did you mistake it for the 30.07 sign? A 30.07 sign is a sign that a business owner can post to restrict a LTC holder from entering the business with a handgun carried openly.
Sounds like you have the two mixed up.

also remember that Garland is an area of zero tolerance for any laws that are broken. Thy don't like to warn but instead prefer to collect the revenue from your wallet.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
GOD I feel like and idiot it was a 30.07 sign. I do apologize for the misinformation and I did correct it.

Reactions: phillip69

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Man I cannot beleave I made that mistake like that. I do apologize folks

Reactions: phillip69

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
No worries, we all slip up with our typing.
You know what you ment. It's up to us to follow along.
Our Drs family practice is now posted. 30.07
And several Auto dealerships have posted both. Which seems silly.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Did you give the owner a No Guns/No Money Card?

These are small printed cards that basically point out that they lost money by stopping you from entering. They also point out facts about how signs do not stop criminals and only inhibit the law abiding.

I bet someone has made one for Texas. You could probably find one with Google.

Sent from my LT30at using Tapatalk

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did you give the owner a No Guns/No Money Card?

These are small printed cards that basically point out that they lost money by stopping you from entering. They also point out facts about how signs do not stop criminals and only inhibit the law abiding.

I bet someone has made one for Texas. You could probably find one with Google.

The 30.07 signs mean you can carry conceal but not open carry

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
The 30.07 signs mean you can carry conceal but not open carry
Bringing the owners attention to the fact that he lost money each and every time he denies a lawful gun carrier allows him to see just how much.

This applies no matter which sign he posts and even when "only" singling out open carriers.

As it is, the business owner is not aware how much he could be losing, which in the case of the car dealer, could be significant.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Man I cannot beleave I made that mistake like that. I do apologize folks
No big deal, just glad you are on your toes and being observant of those signs. I have yet to see either one posted.
But if I encountered a 30.07 posting while CCing I wouldn't be concerned. It's when they post both 30.06 & 30.07 signs that you need to make a decision on how to proceed!

·
Registered
18 Posts
No big deal, just glad you are on your toes and being observant of those signs. I have yet to see either one posted.
But if I encountered a 30.07 posting while CCing I wouldn't be concerned. It's when they post both 30.06 & 30.07 signs that you need to make a decision on how to proceed!
If you found both of them posted, what is your decisions then ?

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
If you found both of them posted, what is your decisions then ?
Both means they don't want your business if you are armed...either concealed or open carrying. So, obviously, the decision is to whether you leave your gear in the car or go somewhere else to spend your money. If the decision were left up to only me, I'd go elsewhere. But sometimes my significant other gets to be the boss. :)

·
Registered
280 Posts
My bank has a 30-07 sign posted. But it is to small to be legal. I smile every time I go in but I am not going to tell them that they need to fix it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts