Defensive Carry banner

Have you ever been in a shootout?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reading through lots of posts, threads, and responses has me thinking....based on lots of the responses, I wanted to see how many persons on here have actually BEEN IN a shootout. Not heard, not saw, actually pulled a gun on someone and shot in self defense.

Please post some specifics if you have been (unless the investigation is pending of course! LOL!) rounds you fired, rounds BG(s) fired, number of hits on either of you, ect. Also looking at the overall outcome of the case..... justified, brought up on charges, sued, Ect.

Just an informative poll.....

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
I'm just a quiet old man who wants to be left alone. I've never had reason to be close to a gun fight, and I don't hope to be in one in the future.:nono:

Stay armed...you never know...stay safe!

·
Super Moderator
17,794 Posts
Do fire fights in a combat zone count?

·
Premium Member
24,511 Posts
Non LEO and never been in a shootout, of course I wouldn't admit to it if I had been in one.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea, MSTG..... i would say that counts! You were shooting AT someone, and they were shooting at you I would imagine...... prolly cant say how many rounds were shot though....maybe just a rough guess on accuracy % on both sides??

·
Super Moderator
10,458 Posts
Never as a civilian, I'm not an LEO. I've been shot at in a combat zone though, but I don't think it was a shootout, so I'll stick with no.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Do fire fights in a combat zone count?
I was wondering the same thing. Also, what is the maximum size piece that may be considered for this question?

"Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."
Was the incoming or was it outgoing? [To all newbies -- if you must ask, you can be well assured that it is not incoming.]

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you had to pick up your Daisy pellet gun to fend someone off.....that would count for this thread...... just not knife, or bat.....but a gun..... and just if you pulled the trigger.....even if the BG did not fire a shot or have a gun...... you had to pull the gun, pull the trigger and shoot. Misses count, you had to pull the trigger to protect yourself.

I'm looking for real world experience.... example:
I pulled and shot 4 rounds at a bad guy entering my house... one was dead center, one arm shot & 2 misses.
or I pulled a car over and the driver opened fire shooting 10 shots, all misses, I returned fire shooting 6 times with one shoulder hit.......

Stuff like that..... and combat counts, but would like it to be more reactive shooting such as an ambush...... that is what we will prolly see as a defensive shooter...... not the hide and wait patrol stuff....... interested in actual shooting scenarios for self defense/survival.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Not a LEO and,

None for me Thank God!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Never been, hope to never be in a shootout.

But I have had a DGU against a human assailant; fortunately, no powder was expended.

Have also used in SD against large canine. Powder was expended.

Non LEO.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Since fire fights in combat zones count I am in more than once on this one.

·
Registered
22,908 Posts
I've been in a few, some I actually fired shots, others I did not. I'm also smart enough not to discuss specifics. I have been and currently am being sued. I've never had criminal charges brought against me.

·
Banned
1,098 Posts
Does being shot by an idiot count?

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
LEO
drawn on people many times, come close to pulling trigger on a few, but thankfully none so far

·
Registered
157 Posts
When I was 27, I shot multiply rounds from a 12 ga. at a group of people, and I was trying my best to hit them. Thankfully (or unfortunately depending on your point of view), they were a tad out of range. And of course, Viet Nam doesn't count. I have no idea if I hit anyone, but I'm pretty sure I got a couple of Water Buffaloes.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts