1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Oooorahhh!!!

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
"By his outstanding display of decisive leadership, unlimited courage in the face of heavy enemy fire, and utmost devotion to duty, 1st Lt. Chontosh reflected great credit upon himself and upheld the highest traditions of the Marine Corps and the United States Naval Service."
A salute is given - and also quiet thanks.

Indeed - the media is desultory in reporting such things - it really makes you wonder sometimes! :frown:

·
Super Moderator
23,564 Posts
It's very disquieting that our media has become so weak, and so one-sided in their perspective. The next presidential election cycle will be "interesting" (disgusting) to watch as they "crown" a "Democrat" opponent, and then pillory and villify them and destroy that which they crowned. They're just sharks, trolling for chum.

A Naval Cross!!! Pretty amazing man!

·
Super Moderator
25,534 Posts
The sad fact is that most of our heros go unsung. Most of them prefer it that way....... That's what makes them heros!! :congrats:

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
God bless young men like 1LT Chontosh and the USMC for honing the warrior spirit in men and women like him.

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Too bad the Media has went from reporting the new to trying to create the news so that good stuff like that doesnt get reported

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Great link, Ti :hand10:

It does make a man prouder (if possible) of our fine soldiers...:congrats:

and more ashamed (if possible) of our "media" :hand1:

·
Registered
813 Posts
I just read a great book called GENERATION KILL by Evan Wright. It is a must read for anybody with interest in Iraq and what these kids (our soldiers) are going through.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Fantastic!! :congrats:

Our men and women in uniform are doing a wonderful job.

Luke

·
Registered
57 Posts
I heard about this story on Liberal Media maven NPR some time ago. :theyareontome:

Great story. Even though I do not agree with this war, it's still great to hear about the wonderful job our boys and girls are doing. You don't have to agree with the action their commander in chief took to admire the job his soldiers are doing.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
nitrogen said:
I heard about this story on Liberal Media maven NPR some time ago. :theyareontome:

Great story. Even though I do not agree with this war, it's still great to hear about the wonderful job our boys and girls are doing. You don't have to agree with the action their commander in chief took to admire the job his soldiers are doing.

I prefer MEN and WOMEN! theve earned that.............

Ti.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts