Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've all done it. What is the ONE gun that you regret ever having sold/traded?

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Haven't Sold many but the Sig 229 357 sig was it even though i dont like the controls of the Standard model it was a shooter

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Regret

Well I have sold many that I regret selling but the one that hurts the most was a Winchester 9422 in 22LR.Not an expensive rifle but I do miss it alot.

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
a s&w model 36 that i sold in 1982 and a wwII p38 that i sold in 1974. back in them days i did not see a reason why anyone would have a 9mm over a good old 45.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I miss the Ruger P85 MKII. Sold to a buddy when I decided I would rather have a Glock.. He says he is keeping it, but if he changes his mind, I have already told him where he can get his money back plus $50.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
Never gotten rid of one. Is that bad?

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
CopperKnight said:
Never gotten rid of one. Is that bad?
No...probably makes you smart and prevents the "crap...what did I do?" effect.

·
Administrator
144,206 Posts
If Never Getting Rid Of Any Is Smart

Then consider me a Dunce.

Years ago I "Thinned Out" my collection & especially after switching from revolver to Semi for carry...I dumped ALL of my wheelguns at quite a loss. The total number of firearms that left my company (mostly all in near mint) numbers around 30 plus more than a few long guns.

But, hopefully soon I get to start all over again buying some newer firearms that really interest me. :yup:

·
Premium Member
25,481 Posts
I dumped ALL of my wheelguns at quite a loss.
OUCH!! QK - what were you doing? Ok I know, thinning out but - OUCH again!

I have sold very few over many years. I miss an old single shot .410 folding shottie funnily enough - so compact and never found another.

Probably my biggest regret was also a longarm actually - BSA MkII Martini action bull barrel target 22. Parker Hale aperture sights front and rear - butt stock with hook, thumbhole stock - a real gem of a target rifle. I gave up .22 rifle precision shooting but oh my - should have kept that rifle.

·
Registered
216 Posts
P95Carry said:
Probably my biggest regret was also a longarm actually - BSA MkII Martini action bull barrel target 22. Parker Hale aperture sights front and rear - butt stock with hook, thumbhole stock - a real gem of a target rifle. I gave up .22 rifle precision shooting but oh my - should have kept that rifle.

Speaking of OUCH!! I am a rimfire nut at heart, and reading this brought a tear to my eye, Chris. If I should ever see one of these for sale, I will think of you. (As I buy it of course..) :wink:

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Chris-
I have a BSA Martini Mark V; I can understand how you miss your Mark II. My most regretted was a 1911A1, my first .45. Shot tight groups until you cleaned it, then took about 6 sessions before the "accuracy" came back.

·
Premium Member
25,481 Posts
kast - I did out of interest research finding another - and found a site which I forget right now - where the guy was dealing almost exclusively in these.

As I had ceased active competition shooting with .22 rifle tho I could not justify something like $650!!!

Oh well - survive on good memories and hope someone somewhere (tho that was way back in 1981) - is still enjoying the heck out of it!

·
Registered
569 Posts
Springfield XD

Sold my Springfield XD as I needed the money to get my Sig P239, which is IMHO easier to conceal for a guy carrying close to 100 extra pounds in the Texas heat.

Never should have sold it. But hey, at least they are common as dirt and I can buy another. And they have that new 45 ACP..........

Maybe everything happens for a reason.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'd have to say the most painful pistol loss was the Rem-Rand 1911a1 that was in about 90%-95% cond. I was young and stupid and regret it to this day, and it's been 12 yrs.

Trace

·
Registered
569 Posts
Hey Kastiron,I finally found someone who loves a Ruger P85 MKII. I hve mine and will never let it go. It is a great gun in stainless. I sold an old Mossberg shotgun years ago that I miss

1 - 20 of 67 Posts