Defensive Carry banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My gun club had a local garage sale. I set up a table to sell some stuff and disappointingly, very few things sold. I would have thought my conversion kits would have gone quickly, but all I got rid of was some unused holsters at pennies on the dollar....

But I digress....

There was a guy there who was gouging....I mean selling ammo. He had a wide range of calibers. He was selling a block of 525 Federal .22lr for $35/box. :aargh4: He had boxes of 9mm UMC 250 rounds. No price. The conversation went something like this:

Me: How much for the UMC 9mm?

Him: How much do you want to spend?

Me: Well, in the "before time" it was selling for $55

Him: Make me an offer.

Me: OK, $55

Him: No

Me: OK, $60.

Him: No

Me: Well, how much do you want?

Him: Make me an offer

Me: I just made you two. You rejected them both. Tell me what you want to sell them for.

Him: How much do you want to spend?

Wash/rinse/repeat

How do you deal with someone like that except just walk away and shake your head? :aargh4:

I learned that he ultimately sold his boxes for $100/each. Way more than I wanted to spend, but if he had just said that to start with, I wouldn't have had to call my psychotherapist.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Will wait till price go down or i will just shoot .40 seem to find it regulary

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
While certainly a bit high, his price was not at the level of gouging. However, I agree he could have been a bit more forthcoming with information about pricing. It would have been nice to know upfront what he wanted to get for them and then you could have moved on, no psychotherapist needed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts