1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
News from The Associated Press

May 8, 2:25 PM EDT

Senate rejects firearms on more federal lands

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Senate has rejected an effort to expand the use of firearms on the heavily visited lands of the Army Corps of Engineers in a congressional victory for gun control supporters.

SNIP

·
Registered
7,571 Posts
I wonder how many dams have been damaged by willy-nilly shooting... Or how many flood plains disturbed by those crazy gun toters?

Lets hope this is the only "win" they ever again can count.

Stupid and senseless.

Yeah, I got tapatalk, too. So what?

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
" Opponents said the weapons could threaten critical facilities like dams and flood control projects."

My .22 caliber pistol is certainly going to explode a 100 foot thick dam.

My GOD save our republic from these bafoons.

·
Registered
10,071 Posts
Vote Counts:
YEAs 56
NAYs 43
Not Voting 1

To steal a line from the liberals, "But clearly a majority of our representatives voted FOR it, yet the will of the people was ignored." All of the Nay votes were Ds except for 2. 1 R and 1 Independent. 11 Ds voted Yea.

·
Registered
42,957 Posts
My .45 ACP punched a hole in the levee and the entire Mississippi River leaked out.

·
Registered
7,571 Posts
So,
it's
YOUR
FAULT!

And the rest of us law abiding citizens have to be punished for the acts of one madman with a limited magazine 1911!

·
Registered
621 Posts

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Here's a thought:

Many of the things they're trying to protect from us could be targets for international bad guys. Why not let a few of us good guys help protect some infrastructure?

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I believe one of the antis said that the current prohibition was necessary to keep terrorists from bringing weapons onto this property and threatening dams etc. So...now I know. All we need to do is post a sign that says "No Terrorism Allowed Area" and the problem is solved. Why didn't I think of that?

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
If nothing else, votes like this will keep Reid from loosening the 60 vote rule for gun control bills. I would like to see more por-gun votes, but I am glad we are pretty consistantly getting over 50.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
I believe one of the antis said that the current prohibition was necessary to keep terrorists from bringing weapons onto this property and threatening dams etc. So...now I know. All we need to do is post a sign that says "No Terrorism Allowed Area" and the problem is solved. Why didn't I think of that?
We should post the whole US, maybe at each border and international airport, then they won't even come in the country.

·
Registered
42,957 Posts
So,
it's
YOUR
FAULT!

And the rest of us law abiding citizens have to be punished for the acts of one madman with a limited magazine 1911!
Twas a Glock. I wanted to make sure it worked.

·
Registered
7,571 Posts
See! It was a Weapon of Mass Destruction... Had one of those evil extra bullet capacity mag bullet clips! Oh the humanity... we must do something to stop these levee breaching madmen... Oh wait.. we have... we put up signs... okay that feels better.... whew!

Now I gotta go make sure my granddaughter gets her supply of Plan B.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Deer hunting with high powered rifles is allowed but less powerful weapons are forbidden to prevent damage to infrastructure. That doesn't make sense - even in Congress!

·
Registered
7,571 Posts
Deer hunting with high powered rifles is allowed but less powerful weapons are forbidden to prevent damage to infrastructure. That doesn't make sense - even in Congress!

Sure it does... the second amendment is all about hunting. Ask any Congressman who's an avid hunter, fisherman, and outdoorsman who supports the second amendment.... You can tell them from their "prison pallor" The longest they're out of doors is the walk from whatever building they're in to whatever limo they are traveling in.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
I wonder how many dams have been damaged by willy-nilly shooting... Or how many flood plains disturbed by those crazy gun toters?

Stupid and senseless.
Well, damage to the dam is one aspect of the potential threat (and not much of a threat, there). But damage to the control room areas and other internal stuff that occasionally folks can get close to? I'm betting the concern is much more along these lines. Of course, at facilities where no such public access is allowed anywhere near such spots at a facility, it is rather pointless. And at any facility anyway, the general prohibition seems to me to be quite similar to how criminalizing citizens for carrying at a USPS store is hoped to avoid criminalize arriving to "go postal." (Not like to stop such crimes at all, actually.)

At the few such Army Corps of Engineers managed facilities I have been to, there has always been a basic check-in procedure at the entry point, including (generally) a quick look in the trunk/car for weapons/explosives. First time I had gone to one, years ago, I had range gear in my trunk that I had not yet cleared out. Needless to say, I was asked to turn around and exit. (Oops, not having realized at that time that the "local" dam was in fact deemed a federal/controlled type facility.)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts