Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two separate article......

Senators Quietly Seeking New Path on Gun Control
Drawing on the lessons from battles in the 1980s and ’90s over the Brady Bill, which failed in Congress several times before ultimately passing, gun control supporters believe they can prevail by working on a two-pronged strategy.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/26/u...tly-seek-a-new-path-on-gun-control.html?_r=2&

Biden reassures gun groups
Vice President Joe Biden reassured leading gun control groups Thursday that the administration remains committed to pushing an expansion of background checks for gun purchases through Congress, according to one of the event's attendees.
Biden reassures gun groups ? CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Second, they are looking to build a national campaign
..and who will be paying for this I wonder?

The attack on a 2nd amendment will never end.

·
Premium Member
24,511 Posts
Meanwhile, a separate gun measure, an anti-trafficking bill, is the subject of talks between Senator Kirsten E. Gillibrand, Democrat of New York, and two Republican senators who voted no on the background check bill. The Republicans, Senators Kelly Ayotte of New Hampshire and Charles E. Grassley of Iowa, are discussing ways they might support the bill, which would criminalize the shipping or transfer of guns to someone who is barred from possessing a firearm.
:aargh4:Yep, lets make a law that makes something that is already illegal, illegal!:slap:

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
"...are discussing ways they might support the bill, which would criminalize the shipping or transfer of guns to someone who is barred from possessing a firearm."

:aargh4:Yep, lets make a law that makes something that is already illegal, illegal!:slap:
Not funny at all. This 'anti-trafficking' concept is backdoor to gun registration and UBC.

If you sell a gun, and it ends up at a crime scene, you go to jail unless you can prove you sold it to someone that could pass a BC. So at the bare minimun you need record keeping on all sales/transfers to protect yourself, but I suspect most will elect for a BC pior to the sale.

Then how does uncle sam track this 'trafficking?' Seems they would need the same registration scheme to enforce anti-trafficking that they would need for UBC, doesn't it?

We're in very dicy waters friends.

·
Registered
357 Posts
And yet our country is $17TRILLION in debt, our military has a CUT budget, we have no White House tours, our new Healthcare system is a "TRAINWRECK"(Sen Baucus, MT), and we still send foreign aid to countries who hate the US. Oh I forgot, the government pay millions to keep zero balance accounts open....wasting more money. LINK: Government spends thousands of taxpayer dollars on absolutely nothing | Fox News

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
The path they need to seek is crime control. Disarming would-be victims does nothing to help ensure they become victims. Tracing everyone's transactions doesn't stop felons from arming themselves. "Trafficking" is already unlawful, as is providing arms to felons, as are "straw" purchases. But then, they know this. It's just that crime control isn't really what they want to accomplish. IMO, ultimately disarming and criminalizing all citizens is.

·
Premium Member
4,456 Posts
"Quietly" is a keyword here, and it's very disturbing to me.

Obviously the public is riled up, so let's hide our intentions from the public (so they'll be quiet) and let's do what we want by doing it behind closed doors.

I can't hardly wait for 2014.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I think there are forces behind this that want a civil war so they can have an excuse to rid themselves or their opponents.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
So long as it's unconstitutional liberty-control and infringement they're seeking, it'll always be disturbing. As is the mere fact they choose to plan their next round of attempted eviscerations behind closed doors. Violation of their sworn oaths of office always is.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I think engaging in a little unconstitutional activity of our own might send a message: start a recall campaign for these yahoos. It hardly matters if it were successful. It would get their attention, cause a distraction, get some press and send a chilling message. Once it fails, start a campaign to amend the Constitution to allow recall of Senators and Congressmen. I'd love to put these folks on the defensive and see them squirm for a change.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I think engaging in a little unconstitutional activity of our own might send a message: start a recall campaign for these yahoos. It hardly matters if it were successful. It would get their attention, cause a distraction, get some press and send a chilling message. Once it fails, start a campaign to amend the Constitution to allow recall of Senators and Congressmen. I'd love to put these folks on the defensive and see them squirm for a change.
I like the sound of that.

·
Registered
7,571 Posts
Hmm... let's find a Senator or Representative that will write a bill/constitutional amendment allowing for recall... Any takers?

Thought not.

But I do like the idea.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts

Obviously the public is riled up, so let's hide our intentions from the public (so they'll be quiet) and let's do what we want by doing it behind closed doors.

I can't hardly wait for 2014.
You got that right! For a president that was going to have the "most transparent" administration in history it sure is hard to get any info from them and the laws they have and the laws they seek to pass, the more quickly and quietly they can shove them through the happier they are. Thanks for your transparency, mr. president.

·
Banned
2,647 Posts
Crime control? The majority of PD's in my local area are no longer proactive they only react to calls, few residential patrols but they do make the local convenience stores much safer with their presence.:smile:

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
The comments below the NYT article make me even more angry than the actual article. The imbecile who describes himself as a "western gun owner" is fine with banning all but bolt-guns an lever-guns because "real gun owners know they're way better than assault rifles." What a steaming pile. With people like that running around why do we even need a Brady Campaign.

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Letter writing again. I feel like Forest Forest GUMP. Jeez

1 - 20 of 40 Posts