Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Be on the lookout for paid, uninvited trolls backed by this organization. They will try to sow dissension and division in our community.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/democratic-partys-defeat-disinfo-trolls-coming-to-ttag/

“A new Democratic-aligned political action committee advised by retired Army Gen. Stanley McChrystal, the former head of U.S. forces in Afghanistan, is planning to deploy technology originally developed to counter Islamic State propaganda in service of a domestic political goal – to combat online efforts to promote President Donald Trump’s handling of the coronavirus pandemic.

The group, Defeat Disinfo, will use artificial intelligence and network analysis to map discussion of the president’s claims on social media. It will seek to intervene by identifying the most popular counter-narratives and boosting them through a network of more than 3.4 million influencers across the country – in some cases paying users with large followings to take sides against the president.”

·
Registered
8,146 Posts
We open ourselves up for this by spending so darn much time on COVID here. It is the #1 recurring topic on a defensive carry gun site. And it is a complete waste of time, because nothing that gets said here makes any difference in the real world of public health. I also suspect the campaign described in the OP is intended as much to spread disinformation as to combat it, and its real purpose is to defeat Trump in Nov. by any means possible.

What the libs will figure out, if they have not already, is that once they are done with COVID they can apply this same tactic to "common sense gun control" and I think we have already seen some trolls here pushing red flag, and "California's approach is not so bad," etc. If anyone really wants to see how dangerous this is, I challenge you to read Biden's gun control plan on his campaign website. If you haven't read it, it is worse than you imagine.

I don't think liberal disinformation campaigns are anything new. I will bet the most insidious ones are ones that have been going on for a while and will never make the news.

·
Premium Member
7,164 Posts
We open ourselves up for this by spending so darn much time on COVID here. It is the #1 recurring topic on a defensive carry gun site. And it is a complete waste of time, because nothing that gets said here makes any difference in the real world of public health.
AMEN and amen. There have been so many arguments and even close to personal insults on these threads that I have tried to avoid even clicking on most of them. If a group of people with a common interest (self defense) cannot keep from being split into opposing camps who will NOT stop sniping (verbally) at each other, what hope is there for the country?

If an individual wants to read whatever statistics are out there about this COVID thing, that person can read them by finding them on his or her own. I do.

I'm weary of it all.

Yes, y'all have the right to post anything you want to that is within the forum guidelines, and yes, I have the right to block or ignore any of you, but that takes away from the spirit of this forum which I enjoyed for a number of years.

·
Registered
34,030 Posts
I wish they'd send me money to take sides. Maybe it would cover the $180 truck battery that died yesterday.

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
Nothing new.
I am still trying to figure out how Covid discussion has made us weaker to combat gun grabbers.
I have seen as much dissention on Gun topics here ranging from law enforcement, the coming civil war what if’s.
Opposition to some of my long held opinions has made me rethink some of them.
This place would be BORING if we all agreed on everything.
The best way to deal with trolls is to ignore them.
You can usually figure them out after a few posts.
Let guys like McChrystal waste their money

·
Registered
6,821 Posts
Let's remember that the pestilence is not only a medical problem, but the remedies are causing a number of mental health problems. One of the effective ways to prevent mental issues is to talk about them. Regardless of what we discuss, the fact that people can vent some of the pressure is worth far more than the topic.

Deliberate trolling? Many of us have been on the internet since it first came into existence and can smell a troll a mile away. No problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts