Defensive Carry banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a SentrySafe AutoSafe. It seemed like a good purchase but I'd give it a mixed rating.

It seems secure against smash and grab attacks. But it is small inside. I looked at the internal dimensions before I bought it and I thought it would hold a Glock 19. I was wrong - the Glock 19 doesn't fit. The grip sticks out too far.

However, a Glock 26 does fit by itself. It also fits inside of a Nemesis pocket holster. You can also jam in a G26 while inside of a Galco Ankle Band.

I think I'll be trying the Center of Mass safe sometime to compare, but I think if you have a subcompact gun like the G26, then the SentrySafe AutoSafe is a decent buy and can be had for around $30 if you look around.

BTW There are holes in the bottom so you could bolt it down, but it would be hard to get to I think. It is taller I think than the COM safe.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BriNik - Thanks - *I was doing it wrong!*

I flipped the G19 like you showed in the pic and it does fit great.

So now I give it a Buy rating, especially if you have a gun that is the same size or smaller than a Glock 19.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yeah I was bummed too when I got it home and it didn’t fit. My wife said turn it over and try, I gave the standard “yeah right, because the laws of physics will make it smaller if I turn it over”.

Lets just say I had a lot of crow to eat after that one.

I think this one is better construction than the COM safes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts