Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have decided upon the Glock 32/33 combo for a future purchase. I plan to get 40 S&W barrels for both. My question is what is the service life on these pistols?

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
± 20,000 rounds or until DOA!

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Are you kidding?!? Tell ya' what, if you shoot enough ammo to wear-out a GLOCK 32/33 (beyond a recoil spring every ~5K rounds of so) I will BUY YOU any $1000 handgun of your choice. *But if you can't accomplish this task in 2 years, you have to buy ME the $1000 handgun of MY choice. There are some G17 models with over verified 250,000 rounds. There are also horror stories of .40 S&W GLOCKs going ka-boom! So, you wanna' take my wager? :image035:

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Don't give him a hard time. Maybe he's genuinely concerned his great grandson will have to use some of his retirement savings to replace a part.

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
seriously....... assuming your not joking, the service life will exceed your natural life and I dont mean that in jest. A thousand rounds a year would take you 20+ years MAYBE wear it out...but doubtful. Springs are part of normal maintenance and have a service life but they are cheap. A properly maintained glock should last you many years

1 - 9 of 9 Posts