Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, pretty much by herself. I helped research all the ones she wanted to go look at, most of that research was done right here in this forum. After handling almost every make and model under the sun, she picked the very slim, very short, Walther PPS .40. No gun store near here had a 9mm, and only two had the .40. Both wanted $589 for them. The closest store dropped it down to $560 OTD and it was sold. No one had a rental, but I think she will be just fine. She handles the Combat Master's recoil quite nicely, so I expect the same with the .40. I tried my best to get her to go with a Kimber UC II, but she didn't want anything to do with it (said it was too bulky for her). I figured while she was pregnant, I could take care of it for her :rolleyes:. Oh well, she's happy, I'm happy, now to find a good holster for it and get her some classes once the baby is born (January). Here is my required pic, and a couple of extras.

My wife's favorite, but too big for her to carry.

My EDC's

·
Registered
379 Posts
I have a PPS in 9mm and it is quickly becoming my favorite carry gun. I am sure she will like it!

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
Very nice purchase.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Congrats!, my wife picked same gun as her CCW piece too. Just looking for a comfortable holster now. Currently resides in a neoprene sleeve, IWB.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Congrats! I'm just glad it's not another "my wife does not like my CC" thread. Want my wife to shoot my G19 soon. Might end up with a twin on her side of the bed. :image035: Or we'll start our own search for the perfect girl gun.

·
Banned
102 Posts
that LCR looks damn good too...congrats!!!

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Congrats!!! :congrats: I'm starting to like those Walthers more and more...

·
Super Moderator
50,596 Posts
Congrats on the new pistola, and the fact that SHE picked it out, it should be a 'winner'.:yup::bier:

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Congrats on the new addition, and very nice EDC setup. :hand10:

·
Registered
311 Posts
I figured while she was pregnant, I could take care of it for her :rolleyes:. Oh well, she's happy, I'm happy, now to find a good holster for it and get her some classes once the baby is born (January).

Just a heads up, but some ranges won't let breastfeeding mothers on the firing line.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I have both the .40 and the 9mm and they are fantastic pistols. I carry my 9mm every day. She will love it. Be careful, you just may love it too.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Good looking pistol, my slickshot picked out her own also. G19 :35:

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just a heads up, but some ranges won't let breastfeeding mothers on the firing line.
I only plan on her shooting outdoors due to lead concerns. Also, I will be handling all of the ammo. Never can be too careful.

As for me, I'm currently working on a trade to get myself a G27.:smile:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts