Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just stumbled across this bit of science. Apparently a gentleman has discovered a means of using a laser to engrave a unigue identifier on the firing pin of a gun. The identifier (serial number) would be transferred to the primer when fired. The thought is that this will enable law enforcment to identify the gun used (by the serial number on the case) even when they dont recover a gun.
link: http://www.discover.com/issues/nov-99/rd/bulletwithanameo1719/

·
Premium Member
20,045 Posts
Or worse, what happens when someone picks up some of your brass at a range and throws it down at a murder scene? We've talked about this somewhere before and I like it no better than I did before. California is voting on requiring this crappy idea to become law either today or tommorrow....

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Predictable Response

The date on the article is Nov 1999. The reponse here has been predictable in that logic would indicate this is a bad idea. Too easy to change, what happens when you rplace a pin or file it etc. And as you said, it does raise the issue of framing someone.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
It was a crock at its inception and it remains a crock - all but useless other than to make gun owning more problematic. Still about control and little to do with useful crime fighting.

Go chase the bad guys and leave us good guys the hell alone.

·
Registered
726 Posts
"Go chase the bad guys and leave us good guys the hell alone."

P95: Problem is, as far as they are concerned, you are the bad guy. You own a gun! LOL.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Sadly OG in some folk's eyes that is about it.

Just wish they'd realize that I have a clean record, and am not about to go out and pre-emptively start shootin at people. I'll leave that to the real BG's - from whom needless to say, we humble folk just seek a means of self preservation.

People must be real twisted up to see that as bad. :rolleyes:

·
Administrator
143,599 Posts
Pathetic

Hey...they keep on trying but, every idea is dumber than the one before.
Maybe they can just tattoo all of our gun serial numbers on our foreheads. :dead:
That makes about as much sense to me.

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
QKShooter said:
Hey...they keep on trying but, every idea is dumber than the one before.
Maybe they can just tattoo all of our gun serial numbers on our foreheads. :dead:
That makes about as much sense to me.
Don't give them any ideas. :chairshot

I don't have enough forehead for all my serial numbers. :tongue:

-Scott-

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
My forehead is also ''space compromized'' so I had already decided that overflow S/N's would go onto butt cheeks.

That way if asked to show the info - it'd be very much - ''in yer face'' LOL! :biggrin:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts