Defensive Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Bass Pro today. Ammo? A few 10mm, .380, .32, and .22 boxes, not choices. No .223/5.56. A few boxes of American Eagle .308s. Decent choice of Creedmore, man those are big cartridges! If you're after some odd calibers, not bad.

Guns? Pistols are less than half full, no Glocks. S&W, Sigs, Kimbers, and some other various common and upscale pistols. About a dozen revolvers to choose from.

A woman and daughter were looking at some pistols. One took a Shield 9mm, based on feel in her hands. She could at least rack it, but the clerk showed her the hard way, grabbing it by the "dangerous end." Quite awkward to watch. Wanted to show the push method, left hand tight to the body, grab the slide, and push the lower with the right hand. Ugh! I was painful to watch!

Rifles were a surprise. Still a decent selection. Even those evil black rifles that magically make just about the weakest rifle cartridge suddenly gain about 10x the power!

Pawn shop. No ammo. Very slim pickings on handguns and long guns. One used Cherokee brand .308 for $1,000+. One Glock 17.

You see ammo in your caliber? GRAB IT! Fortunately, I just picked up about 500 rounds of 9mm and 400 .22s last week that I ordered 2 weeks ago. That gives me a nice cushion, along with a decent supply of EDC ammo to work with. I can go to the range and practice a bit and hope this too shall pass, soon!

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
Lets be honest if you have not been loading up way before now well its your own fault .The current pres was just a temp repave of the stuff the antis want to give us

As I have said this year started everything fine a lot of company scaled back or stop making AR and some ammo as the market was flooded with stuff ..Then the pandemic then the riots then whatever now is hit they just were not ready

Its only going to get worst .....

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
It's pretty clear that if you don't have it now you're going to have to dig to find it. I made a stop in another shop this morning just to see and yep, empty shelves.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I just got 1000 rounds of Magtech today. I ordered it Monday. If you see it, buy it. If you put it in your cart to look at something else it’ll be gone 10 minutes later. Last week I went to Point Blank for som range time. They had a pallet of 9 mm they were stocking on the shelf. I bought 4 boxes for practice to save mine I brought with me. I had 1 hour on the range,came out,planned on buying more.....they were all sold out. In 1 hour a pallet of 9 mm ammo gone. LOL, I’m glad I have several thousand rounds at home.

·
Premium Member
3,377 Posts
Getting harder to find bulk range ammo not pricey SD ammo anywhere even online.
It is cutting into my range time.
Guess my muzzleloading flintlock will be getting a lot more use. Still can get blackpowder and round ball

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
I have sympathy for new shooters, perhaps just now old enough to buy.
Those that have been a gun owner for awhile could have stocked up months ago.

·
Premium Member
3,377 Posts
I have sympathy for new shooters, perhaps just now old enough to buy.
Those that have been a gun owner for awhile could have stocked up months ago.
Same here. I am stocked up on SD and hunting ammo. But I like to replenish my cheaper range ammo as I shoot it.
It this lasts much longer I will be out of the stuff and then no more range time as I am not wasting the good stuff on paper.
I may need it for something else.

·
Premium Member
7,350 Posts
We probably won't see a return to sane prices until 1) Trump wins re-election and 2) the end of the mini-riots in November and December if Trump wins re-election.

If Trump loses, buy the ammo when you can.

Not being political, just factual.

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
We probably won't see a return to sane prices until 1) Trump wins re-election and 2) the end of the mini-riots in November and December if Trump wins re-election.

If Trump loses, buy the ammo when you can.

Not being political, just factual.
The thought of him losing gives me the urge to buy cases of ammo NOW, despite current prices.

·
Premium Member
3,974 Posts
The thought of him losing gives me the urge to buy cases of ammo NOW, despite current prices.
I am. Some of my stash was cheaper, some was not. But I’m still adding. How much is enough? How much money do I need to retire? Same answer to both.

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
With the China virus induced range closings I haven't been using any ammo. Fortunately we stocked up pretty well while prices were down the last few years. I vacuum sealed thousands of rounds each of various flavors, but didn't think they'd be touched for a decade.

Have a few dozen boxes of range ammo not put away for long term storage, just kept handy for range trips, and hopefully that tides us through until prices and supply improve so we don't have to dip into our long term stores.

·
Registered
5,666 Posts
Last fall, my S.O. decided to get a concealed license. She signed her and her 18 year old son up for the safety class. She tried a few pistols at the local shop. She narrowed down her choices, and then China shut the world down. Class is canceled. Classes will probably be filled for a year when they are allowed to meet again. This is a tough time to get started. Some of it is supply/demand, but much of it is government inflicted.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts