Defensive Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...as long as all you want is .270, 7mm, or .300 WinMag. :mad:

Man, if someone were to release an affordable, quality black rifle in one of these calibers right now, they'd sell like hotcakes just 'cause of ammo availability!

Reactions: Blackheart6

·
Registered
1,226 Posts

Man, if someone were to release an affordable, quality black rifle in one of these calibers right now, they'd sell like hotcakes just 'cause of ammo availability!
I've seen 300 Win Mag AR's for sale recently, but I don't know if you'd consider them affordable...

·
Registered
324 Posts
I just bought two boxes of 40 on Saturday at Walmart. Then a box in Wyo two weeks ago.

Not going crazy with buying, I'm only up to four boxes total.

Supply is getting better!

In God and Glock we Trust

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
I was in Wally world about two weeks ago. Saw quite a few boxes of 410 and two boxes of 9mm. try again next week. Also I might step into Academy when they open just to see if they have any cheap(HAH!) .40S&W.

·
Banned
1,029 Posts
The walmart near me had 270,and 7mm.I was hoping to maybe find some 223's.I should have known better.At least they had a couple of boxes of 45 cal fmj's.It's going to be sometime before the shelves,looked like they use to,once upon a time,if that ever happens again.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Don't forget 12 ga and 20 ga shells...lots and lots of that (at least in my neck of the woods).

·
Registered
50 Posts
Visited two Walmart's this weekend and scored in both. One had 9mm and 5.56, the other had .40 S&W and .45. Also went to the Tanner gun show in Denver late Sunday afternoon to see if they had anything. The was actually quite a bit still left in most handgun calibers and tons of .223 and .556 if you wanted to pay at least $1 per round. Seems like ammo is becoming more available.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
My local Walmart has nothing except for a few hunting calibers (center fire, no rimfire of any kind), but my favorite LGS is steadily getting a better inventory of many things, including 9mm, 40, 45, 308, and 223. They're low right now on primers and some handgun powders, but they're getting in enough that it doesn't get gone the day it arrives.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Where's your sense of adventure? A steel upper and lower, upgraded buffer spring, and you'd be in business. Make sure to spec it with a scope with under 1" of eye relief, and to post the test on Youtube.
Youtube video still wouldn't be as good as the guys shooting the TRex, or the classic one with the girl getting popped on the noggin by a Desert Eagle that she's holding too close to her head....:smile:

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
Still see lots of (insert favorite expletive here) people selling ammo on armslist and such for retarded prices. I am convinced that the workers of these Wal-Mart stores have a deal with their buddies, they tip them off to when the ammo gets in and put it back for them, then they buy it, sell it, and split the profits. I can't find el squat at my Wal-Marts and got tired of looking. I spend more in gas LOOKING for ammo at a good price than just buying it at higher prices other places that I know HAVE it. Pisses me off, but what can I do? (already voted, lot of good that did me)

·
Banned
1,418 Posts
My local Walmarts basically mirror the OPs description. My Academies are similar, except they also have tons of 10mm and 327 Federal Mag, I'm almost tempted to buy a G29!

·
Registered
313 Posts

I looked hard at going with something in a 270WM. I realy like that round. It would be killer in a AR platform but from what I have read the whole cartidge iss just too large to feasably work in even
long action AR. If I find a good deal on a savage 110 or Rem. 700 I may just have to pick it up.

·
Banned
2,725 Posts
My local Walmarts basically mirror the OPs description. My Academies are similar, except they also have tons of 10mm and 327 Federal Mag, I'm almost tempted to buy a G29!
During this panic I'm glad I owned a Glock 20sf 10mm.

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
speaking of wallyworld... I stopped at 2 wallyworlds looking for ammo on my way in to work this am in NoVA. The store in Leesburg "HAD" .40SW and the usual 7mm, 22/250 suspects. After speaking with the nice lady behind the counter I found out the guys at the local gun store have been coming in regularly and cleaning the shelves to resell at the gun store.

Next stop was the Sterling store. The sterling store had been cleaned out an hour before I got there. I spoke with the lady there for a bit and she mentioned that the shipment came in last night, but was "misplaced" all night. She found it a while after coming on shift and put it out on the shelves (40, 556, etc...). It was gone within 15 minutes of hitting the shelves.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts