Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who have followed my CCW plight, you know that I was giving an interview appointment 6 months away, nov 21, just for my interview. Well sheriffs dept called today and bumped my appointment up to this July 11!!! :banana:

Lets hope my luck keeps going cause this has been a crappy day lol

-Kyle

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Gotta love news like that. Congrats!

·
Registered
10,328 Posts
Good luck! Can't believe you have to be interviewed. Talk about fascism. Well, I mean, DON'T talk about fascism, in your interview. That would be bad. But it's fascism.

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
July 11 sure beats November 21. Good news.

Reactions: GSDSchutzhund

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
Good luck! Can't believe you have to be interviewed. Talk about fascism. Well, I mean, DON'T talk about fascism, in your interview. That would be bad. But it's fascism.
So is the whole CHL process itself, really. Rights by permission, bowing to the hired staff.

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
So is the whole CHL process itself, really. Rights by permission, bowing to the hired staff.
I whole heartedly concur.

We Don't Need No Stinkin' Permits!

I feel for you folks in California.

Good luck with the "interview".

Geesh....I just can't get my head wrapped around that.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
The San Berdino Sheriff is one of the better ones in CA for handing out CCWs.
Yeah, hopefully he's like the one that did my "interview." Here's how it went:

Introduction and handshake... My wife was also with me for her CCW

Him: Well, do you guys have any questions?

Me: No, I don't think so.

Him: OK, well I just like to put a face to the name.

That was the interview. After that there was a bit of chit-chat though. I must say, that was the easiest interview I ever had to endure.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, hopefully he's like the one that did my "interview." Here's how it went:

Introduction and handshake... My wife was also with me for her CCW

Him: Well, do you guys have any questions?

Me: No, I don't think so.

Him: OK, well I just like to put a face to the name.

That was the interview. After that there was a bit of chit-chat though. I must say, that was the easiest interview I ever had to endure.
Thats what I've heard. And hopefully it goes that way. Honestly, I plan on going in my service uniform (best foot forward) and feel pretty strong in my "good cause"

Hopefully this can all get over with. I've heard our head sheriff is very pro-2a!

·
Banned
5,171 Posts
Awesome! It sucks that you need one but whatever it takes is what it takes.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Yes, CA laws suck lemons, and it is a May Issue state but maybe someday when we can finally get a federal CCW it will make some state laws moot.

Good luck Gunny!

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
For those of you who have followed my CCW plight, you know that I was giving an interview appointment 6 months away, nov 21, just for my interview. Well sheriffs dept called today and bumped my appointment up to this July 11!!! :banana:

Lets hope my luck keeps going cause this has been a crappy day lol

-Kyle
CA seems to be obsessed with interviews. It is the only state in the US that requires a supplemental interview in addition to, and only after passing the uniform 36 hours of NCARB tests required for architectural licensing in every state. My interview was conducted in a hotel room no less. Just another example of CA bureaucracy. CA might as well be a different country. No offence to you but you could not pay me to live there. Just too much BS government.

Reactions: blitzburgh

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
The best of luck to you.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
I whole heartedly concur.

We Don't Need No Stinkin' Permits!

I feel for you folks in California.

Good luck with the "interview".

Geesh....I just can't get my head wrapped around that.
It gets even worse, there: gotta come up with some "legitimate" statement of need, to be considered having sufficient risk to warrant issuance of a CHL. And, "protection of the lives of my loved ones in dire circumstances" doesn't count as a valid need. Which will be deemed acceptable to one county sheriff, but not to the sheriff in a half dozen other counties. Wrap your head around that one. :blink:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts