Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
My EDC is the Shield 40. I am really happy with it. I haven't fired the 45 and don't know anyone who has so I'm not ready to buy it yet. I have handled it in my LGS and it does feel nice. I do want to get a 45, just not sure which one at this time.

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
Both my wife and I have 9mm Shields. But honestly I don't think that there will be an appreciable performance difference between the two! The .45 may have slightly less recoil. I would be more prone to purchasing the .45 version although I like my old trusty G-36 in .45.:icon_neutral:

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
I'm reminded of what my dear ol' Pappy would say. "Son, a good golfer practices while a bad golfer...buys new clubs." :biggrin2:

(TD, please take that as the friendly rib-poke it was intended to be.) :loll:

·
Banned
3,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm reminded of what my dear ol' Pappy would say. "Son, a good golfer practices while a bad golfer...buys new clubs." :biggrin2:

(TD, please take that as the friendly rib-poke it was intended to be.) :loll:
I got a case of the grass is greener on the other side disease Ghost. LOL. The only thing holding me back is having to go through the trouble of selling the 40 and having to buy all new mags, holster, mag holders, etc. I was hoping others would sway me towards the 45, but y'all are no help. :smile:

·
Registered
49 Posts
heck yes, absolutely, but im still keeping my .40 shield. i guess im just a huge fan of the whole M&P platform and i encourage anyone who is not to get on board and ride this train. is that a song? nah.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I held my next weapon this past weekend and that was the .45 Shield. I don't have any plastic guns (LCR excluded) and it will be my first. My 1911 wasn't jealous at all....

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I have no intentions of switching, and I'm not heavily invested in my Shield (two holsters and original two mags). I just happen to enjoy my .40 and should I decide to get a .45, it will be a 1911 variant.

Reactions: Gabill and Bad Bob

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
I handler one and love it and if I hadn't bought my new RV I would have bought it, I have the Shield 9mm and love the platform but maybe one day.

·
Registered
14,266 Posts
I was tempted to buy the 45 Shield. I really like my 40 Shield, it is going nowhere. I actually think my next pistol will be the Ruger LW Commander in 9mm.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I sold my Shield 9mm... even though its a great gun... and bought a Shield in 45. Best thing I've done in a while... this Shield 45 is just plain awesome, and is definitely my main carry gun now.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Nope, held a Shield 45 the other day at my LGS and didn't like the length of the grip, Shield 40 isn't going anywhere, nor is my M&P40 or my M&P40c.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
I was tempted to buy the 45 Shield. I really like my 40 Shield, it is going nowhere. I actually think my next pistol will be the Ruger LW Commander in 9mm.
I normally don't like Ruger firearm's except the Mark II but the Ruger LW 4.25" is looking good, if ever one crosses my path is coming home with me, in .45 ACP though.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
A lightweight polymer single stack 45 ACP seems to be the ticket.. I had a Glock 36 back a few years ago .. But I sold it after I got a 30S ..

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
Nope, ain't tradin' my .40 Shield for a .45 Shield. Even though I mostly carry my 9mm Shield, I still got lots of love for the .40 version. Just FYI, the .45 Shield is slightly larger than the 9's and .40's. Unfortunately, for my .40 Shield, I soon realized that my G27, was just a lil more difficult to carry than my Shield. So if I want a .40, I just grab it. If the G27 didn't exist, I'd be all over that .40 Shield. Even so, that sweet shooting .40 Shield isn't going anywhere.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts