Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 9mm shield for 4 months now. I have put just over 3 thousand rounds through it. So far not one FTE or FTF. The majority of the rounds have been Winchester WB but I have put a fair amount of DPX, Gold Dots, Golden Sabers, Ranger T and Pow'rBall rounds through it with no problems what so ever. This gun is now my everyday carry. I carry it in a Blade Tech Nano IWB holster. It is incredibly comfortable and very easy to conceal. I also always carry a spare mag in my left front pocket in a Desantis mag-packer. The only change I have made to the gun is to put XS Big Dot sights on it.

For many years a Glock 19 was my EDC and I never thought that would ever change. The Shield is an absolute pleasure to shoot and I trust it fully. Field stripping and cleaning is very easy and i do like that I don't have to dry fire the gun to take it apart. I am certainly a believer in this gun and can say it was well worth the wait.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Thanks for the report. Good to know that there were no failures and that you fully trust the gun. I am on a wait list to get one. Can't wait!

·
Super Moderator
18,492 Posts
That averages 15 boxes of factory ammunition per month. That's a pretty large investment in shooting your new Shield.

Reactions: G-man* and mrm

·
Registered
6,816 Posts
I.ve put about 2000 rounds of 40 cal thru my shield. I've had it for 6 months now, got it thru the store for 358.00 OTD. (399.00 retail) We've had a lot of 9mm and 40 cal shields come thru and not one has ever returned for issues with the guns.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
I would also like to get one one day soon. Thank you for the report.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Love to hear that! My Shield has about 800+ rounds through it with one FTE/stove pipe due to a buddies self-proclaimed limp wrist on the shot. I'm fully confident in it as my EDC. Thanks for 3000 round check-up!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Where on earth are you finding that much 9mm? lol
6 months ago I got a really nice deal on 50 boxes of the 100 round Winchester WB value packs. Unfortunately I'm down to my last 3 boxes. I don't see another deal like that happening again for a long time.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How are you finding the ammo?
I can't find any 9mm now anywhere. I was fortunate to buy a large quantity when I did before everything dried up. It was fun shooting as much as I did when I had the ammo. Now it looks like it will be a while before I can hit the range twice a week like I was doing. It was fun while it lasted.

·
Registered
808 Posts
I bought my shield 9mm about 8 months ago. I've got only 400 rounds through it, broke college kid can't afford too much fun at the range. :D the only problem was a failure to lock back on the last round. And that happened only once. The shield is an amazing gun. Once I get my CHL I think it'll be my EDC. The only problem is I'd have to buy another for the car :D

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
man you were shooting gold down range.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Good report on a gun that seems to be pretty squared away! Does Smith have a recommended replacement cycle for the recoil spring? That is the only thing that popped in my head regarding the gun. For the ammo I would say tighten up because there is not much to be found. I would say to reload but those supplies are hard to get as well.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Put my first fifty thru today. Front sight white dot popped out at about twenty...

sent using tapatalk
All 3 sight dots popped off my M&P. Smith and Wesson knows about it. They'll fix it. I never liked the sights from the get-go. Good time to get night sights.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
The Shield is a fine weapon from a great American company.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I have had 2 double feeds and about 6 failures to return to battery in my shield and I still love it I think the gun still needs to loosen up a bit before its as reliable as my 26 but Im not too worried about it

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Good report. The shield and m&p series are good guns. Id consider the shield but already have the 9c. I feel it isnt much larger or heavier than the shield and holds more rounds. But thats just me. Good to hear your shield is working great enjoy your gun.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
The Shield is a fine weapon from a great American company.
Take umbrage with the "Great American Company" as they sold out the civilian market the last go around with the AWB! So far history is not repeating!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts