Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a holster for my new shield, I have a leather Galco holster and a Kydex RRCS holster for the full-size. I don’t like the leather, it has too much grip on my underwear and causes them to bunch up, the kydex is great a lot more comfortable but it feels "cheep". I did a Google search and found this site:

DeSantis Holsters
Raven Concealment Systems

I really like the cant my RRCS has and think I will want my shield on a cant too, also I like how some have a mag pouch attached. I have mag pouches I could put on my belt. I am looking for a IWB holster.

Does anyone have experience with these holsters? Any recommendations are welcome.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Have you looked at N82? It's an IWB. Not sure if you wanted IWB or OWB. The one I'm looking at is like $80 for my shield 9mm. It has leather on the outside but sued on the inner lining. Looks very well made. Just a recommendation.
Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
34 Posts
Highnoon Bare Asset. $29 and in stock. I also have a comptac Minotaur that I have a shield body for, but for me it's a little overkill for the shield. I use the comptac more with my m&p 40c. I would suggest you try the highnoon. For $29, if you hate it (which I doubt you will) your not out much.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Have you tried going Comando? This will put an end to your panties bunching up! I like the N82 Original for my Shield. I found the Professional to be a little too bulky. Good luck!

·
Registered
144 Posts
I carry my Shield in a Hidden Hybrid Holster. I liked it so much I bought one for my G17. It has adjustable cant and retention. It also has belt holes so that it can be worn outside with the clips removed. It is very comfortable.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I ordered a Hidden Hybrid for both my Shield and M&P fullsize....I figure I can try IWB and OWB with either pistol and only have to order 2 holsters

Hidden Hybrid Holsters

My current holster is a Remora for the Shield.

·
Banned
5,171 Posts
I've been pretty happy with my Theis Hybrid for my Bersa BP9CC, but recently I bought a Silent Thunder IWB from Garrett and it's a game changer. I'll probably never buy anything else without first checking to see if there's a Garrett for it. The Silent Thunder holsters are kydex but they're lined with leather. So you get a shell that's tough, keeps its shape and won't collapse after you draw the gun but with the quiet draw of leather. And it's easier on the finish of your gun than naked kydex. Lastly, you can adjust the fit with screws. I see it's offered for the Shield. I'm really bummed that can't make one for my Browing Hi-Power.

If you're going to carry a striker-fired sidearm with no manual safety, it's nice to have a very rigid holster. That's what I love about the ST IWB, just extremely rigid and sturdy.

·
Registered
111 Posts
That Silent Thunder is pretty snazzy!

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
SHTF Ace-1..... love mine

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
The Cadillac holster that fits the Shield is the Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
has any one used this company befor? It looks just like the kydex holster I have for my fullsize M&P, which I love very comfortable.
PJ Holster LLC

·
Registered
111 Posts
PJ's was very high on my list and I'll probably still end up grabbing one

·
Registered
49 Posts
has any one used this company befor? It looks just like the kydex holster I have for my fullsize M&P, which I love very comfortable.
PJ Holster LLC
I have one for my Shield. It's an OWB model with a clip (not closed loop). Thin, simple, easy on/off, and not too hard on the wallet. It has very strong retention and loud audible click when holstering. I'd recommend it to anyone for lighter guns like the Shield. Haven't tried it on a duty sized gun or IWB though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have a PJ IWB holster for the Shield and it is the most comfortable holster i own . Paul is great and will make sure you are happy.He offers different cants for the holster, also have a Al Latour Iwb leather Kydex combo that is fantastic. He is on Facebook. You cant go wrong with either one.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts