Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am lookinf for a new Smith and Wesson shield in either 9mm or 40 cal. I have been trying to nail down a delaer that gives LEO discounts. On gun shop near me wants 515.00 for either one. LEO prices are down to 319.00. Anyone have a secret dealer who does this?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Good Luck!!!! I started looking for an M&P Shield .40 last fall/winter. After searching and searching and calling about every dealer I could think of I found a Kahr CM40 on Buds Police Supply. I paid $368.00 and had it shipped to my agency with a letterhead. I've had it six months now and it's been an outstanding off duty carry gun. I went to Kahr Talk.com and read the boards about the break in procedure and I never had an issue. I put talon grips on it and a Pearce grip extension and I load it with 6 rounds of Ranger T Series 180gr JHP. I carry it in a JP IWB kydex holster. The shield is 1/2" longer and 1/2" taller and isn't worth paying $100 + over MSRP that some dealers are charging for it when there are other options. I carry the M&P40 full size on duty and S&W makes great guns, not knocking them at all.

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
A shield is worth $500 IMO. I have owned 2. Still own the .40 cal version.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I am lookinf for a new Smith and Wesson shield in either 9mm or 40 cal. I have been trying to nail down a delaer that gives LEO discounts. On gun shop near me wants 515.00 for either one. LEO prices are down to 319.00. Anyone have a secret dealer who does this?
The Heritage Guild in Easton, PA has the Shield and their price is the MSRP of $450. They may give LEO discounts: ask the manager, Steve.

·
Registered
207 Posts
There have been a steady stream of both Shield models coming through my favorite LGS the past month. They sell them really quick, at $449 a pop.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
This place give Military & LEO discounts but don't know if they have any or how they would do it but it's a starts, they in Washington State. Don't go by the price you see on their website I would call them. https://www.themarksman.net/

·
Registered
358 Posts
Seems you may never get a discount on this gun. It is sought after by many and is easily sold for MSRP in hours after receiving shipment. Many stores are after their bottom line. Make money. Good luck, it took my 3 months of looking in a 500 mile radius when I just found one hours after shipment arrived.....I bought it. The clerk said he has never seen a Shield in 6 months and may never see another one in another 6 months.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Kittery Trading Post has a Shield in .40 for $429. Not LEO discount price but still not a bad price considering the current environment. Even with shipping & transfer fees, you'll do better than the local gun shop.

Kittery Trading Post

I'm within driving distance of Kittery Trading Post & picked up my Shield 9mm a week ago. I called them got put on a list with a order# & i had mine in like 5 weeks i think it was, this might not be the case for everyone though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts