Defensive Carry banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Called colt today and they said to ship trooper in ups to them for repair ..

I want to know from people who have done it what all hoops they had to jump though or any extra paper work i will need so its just a drop off and run deal

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I’ve shipped to Glock and North American Arms for upgrades. I used FedEx. It wasn’t a big deal, just a little extra paperwork. One of the times I had to educate the person at the counter a little bit. After looking up the regulations in his manual he asked me if Glock was a licensed firearm dealer. I had a good laugh to myself about that one.

·
Registered
940 Posts
If you can, find a local dealer that has the paper on file with the post office to be able to ship handguns by US mail.

It's the cheapest route - you don't have to overnight them.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Like JT, I used FedEx to ship my Kimber back, but had they had to get their regs book out...seems its been a somewhat recent change. The legal owner can in fact ship direct to the manufacturer. I think there was one page form I filled out with the serial number and stating that there was no live ammunition with the gun.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Yea, you can ship to a manufacturer or a licensed dealer. I've been told by a couple of people that you can also ship to yourself, but I don’t know if that is correct or not.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts