1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
19,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Banned
2,103 Posts
https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/shoot-me-first-improper-concealment-unwanted-attention/

I think the article is more the Guns America administrators opinion piece poorly written than sound advice. :scratchchin:
You called it fir what it is. A poorly written opinion piece. I also think staging photos to illustrate a point is bad journalism. It is fake. Nowuf the writer had real life photos taken on the street it might have made a point. I am very observant when our abd about, and I can only recall three times when it was clear the a person had a concealed weapon on them. Well, they have to make new content to get the hits on the site.

·
Registered
18,298 Posts
Most of the stuff written today is drivel mixed with opinions. Which, I suspect is more for the purpose of having something for general public to indulge in than anything of real substance.

You can interest children with fairy tales and bedtime stories.

·
Banned
705 Posts
In my experience 90% of the population have such poor situational awareness they do not spot printing, let alone OC.
The 90% aren't the problem.

I don't think this article is totally wrong. There are some good points here. I think more people notice than we think.

I think I mentioned this before but the manager of the apartments I live inmade me because she noticed the weight ofmy M&P Shield in my hoodie. She's not gun people

·
Registered
5,961 Posts
The 90% aren't the problem.

I don't think this article is totally wrong. There are some good points here. I think more people notice than we think.

I think I mentioned this before but the manager of the apartments I live inmade me because she noticed the weight ofmy M&P Shield in my hoodie. She's not gun people
I think it would be easy to conceal around complete strangers. The more time you spend around people the more chances you have to be made. DR

·
Registered
33,885 Posts
Most of the stuff written today is drivel mixed with opinions. Which, I suspect is more for the purpose of having something for general public to indulge in than anything of real substance.

You can interest children with fairy tales and bedtime stories.
My, my, my . . . Aren't we the Debbie Downers today.

·
Banned
19,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
USCCA was all I really needed to know.
Same page, people that write for that org as basically novices with little to no gun experience.

·
Banned
705 Posts
The photos were hilarious. I don't wear skintight t-shirts or my baseball caps backwards....
I actually used to know a guy who wore his shirt like that. He wanted everyone th know he was carrying without being so crass as to actually open carry

·
Premium Member
33,734 Posts
Same page, people that write for that org as basically novices with little to no gun experience.
Starting right up there at the top with Tactical Tim.

·
Premium Member
5,748 Posts
I walked into a cigar store yesterday and spotted a skinny older guy open carrying what looked like two S&W Shields, one on each hip. I spotted his pistols when I walked in the door - he was talking to a sales person at the counter with his back to me the whole time. I walked up behind him and did my business at the register with another cashier. He never turned around and kept Blabbing with the salesperson. The lady cashier saw me eying his pistolas and winked. Geez, if I were robbing the place, I would have shot him in the back of the head and he wouldn't have been the wiser.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
My current employment situation it is a Felony to carry without express permission from the PTB's. Which leaves me sans firearm while there.
My previous employment was an NPE where being made may have cost me the job, but it was totally legal to carry. Considering that 99% of the time I was off site, I chose to carry regularly. Was never made during the time I worked there. Proper concealment along with the confidence to not give it away pays off.

·
Registered
727 Posts
After 30 years of taking witness statements, I can promise you that people see more, understand more, and realize more than many people on this forum (and other gun forums) think. Just because a stranger doesn't come up to you and say, "Hey, I see your gun printing" doesn't mean they haven't made you. Why would they tell you? Why would you go to a random person with a gun and tell them you know they're carrying, and poorly? Yes, some of the public is glued to their phone, but not as many as internet myth would like you to believe. And from my experience, out of the people who've noticed you, many have memorized your description and some have taken your photo, which may be why you think they're glued to their screen...

·
Banned
19,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
After 30 years of taking witness statements, I can promise you that people see more, understand more, and realize more than many people on this forum (and other gun forums) think. Just because a stranger doesn't come up to you and say, "Hey, I see your gun printing" doesn't mean they haven't made you. Why would they tell you? Why would you go to a random person with a gun and tell them you know they're carrying, and poorly? Yes, some of the public is glued to their phone, but not as many as internet myth would like you to believe. And from my experience, out of the people who've noticed you, many have memorized your description and some have taken your photo, which may be why you think they're glued to their screen...
After 28 years of witness statements, I can tell you that if 5 witnesses are interviewed, you'll get 5 variations on a theme with some commonality between them. Eye witnesses are quite unreliable as a general rule. What they think they saw and what actually happened can be far different.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
I'm rather nondescript and old, thus nobody pays attention to me which is advantageous. At least no one has come up to me and asked the question what are carrying today. On the other hand they may just be taking pity on me.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts