Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was looking at a gun site looking at women’s purses and saw something called “Shooter’s Magic Eye Dots” on a site called Gun Goddess.

Never saw them before, said it was for helping with cross over with your strong eye. If this works I want one! Not expensive, just something you put in your shooting glasses to stop the offending eye (ie: left eye strong, right handed) and apparently this fixes it?

Have you tried it or know anything about it?

·
Premium Member
7,288 Posts
Not a ton of reviews on their web site about those dots, but most of the ones that are there are positive. It seems like an awful lot of money to pay for little round pieces of colored cling film, which is what I'm sure they are.

Reactions: Sister

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A small square of scotch tape does the same thing.
I thought closing an eye did it, so the question is; will this “change” how you see out of your bad eye after doing this for a while?

If so I’ll try it.

@ShooterGranny; yes that is a lot to pay, I wasn’t sure if it had something to the dot like a prism or what but what ButterSmooth said makes sense, you can use tape. 😊

BTW ShooterGranny, that site has some nice bags! Was Purse shopping when I saw it, very good site. Prices seemed fair for the purses.

Reactions: ShooterGranny

·
Premium Member
4,586 Posts
I'm not going to use anything that would not be available to me in a moments notice. I guess it could help at the range, but I can't see wearing those dots all day long.

·
Premium Member
7,288 Posts
@ShooterGranny; yes that is a lot to pay, I wasn’t sure if it had something to the dot like a prism or what but what ButterSmooth said makes sense, you can use tape. 😊

BTW ShooterGranny, that site has some nice bags! Was Purse shopping when I saw it, very good site. Prices seemed fair for the purses.
[/QUOTE]

I buy a new purse every 10 or 15 years, after the previous good heavy leather one totally wears out. Really! I only carry on body now, after having tried "all the other stuff" including purse, fanny packs, etc. a few times many years ago. The purse I have now was purchased in Dec., 2010 and I think it's good for another 10 years even though I'm not.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
3M "invisible" tape is the best I've found to use.

I used tape for quite some time while playing gun games but all the tape or dots in the world won't work in a defensive situation if you have to stop to apply them.

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
Sister, if you want to know if it will work for you try the small size Post it notes. The glue doesn't leave a lot of residue on your glasses. If it works for you [ and I did this] after a couple months I had retrained my eye, and no longer needed it. Now which ever hand I pick up the gun in I can switch to that eye. DR

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Yeah, just putting a piece of tape on your glasses does the same thing. Don't use the "invisible" or real clear tape, use the semi transparent tape. This just forces your non dominant eye to have focus and after some time of doing this, you may change you eye dominance.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Yeah, just putting a piece of tape on your glasses does the same thing. Don't use the "invisible" or real clear tape, use the semi transparent tape. This just forces your non dominant eye to have focus and after some time of doing this, you may change you eye dominance.
You want to use the 3M "invisible" tape. While near invisible on paper it is translucent on glasses. I used it for years.

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This sounds good, the fact several of you said that it is possible to retrain your eyes.

I will try that next time at the range, prolly this week! With the double vision I’m point shooting anyway (good luck with that huh lol) so I’ll try the post-it note on my glasses!

Thanks Y’all! 👍🏻

Reactions: CWOUSCG
1 - 11 of 11 Posts