Defensive Carry banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live outside of houston in the great state of Texas!! I was wondering i see all these youtube videos of people shooting their guns out in the middle of nowhere and at their own targets. what are the laws and where can i do this?

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
"It is unlawful to discharge a firearm in a public place or on or across a public road."

Almost always legal to shoot outside city limits and well away from buildings. I am not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV. I shoot at my girlfriend's parent's ranch...it's private property and well away from any other buildings. Perfectly legal to shoot/hunt there

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
"It is unlawful to discharge a firearm in a public place or on or across a public road."

Almost always legal to shoot outside city limits and well away from buildings. I am not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV. I shoot at my girlfriend's parent's ranch...it's private property and well away from any other buildings. Perfectly legal to shoot/hunt there
This about sums it up... If you have some land and are not in a subdivision that has a home owners association, that bans it, I don't see why you can't shoot on your property...Just use some common sense about your backstop and you should be good to go...

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
I used to shoot at a dump on private property until they closed it.It's hard to find a good place with the houses being built all around. Too many people moving in and then the noise of gun shots causes the police show up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts