Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Never done shooting from a car. But did lot of defense shooting from a fast riverboat from 5 to 25 knots, And I did all right.
Guess you learned to duck sometimes also. Since your here and posting

·
Registered
10,673 Posts
How about shooting from a moving aircraft. Dose that count!
Oh, thanks. I did a few, try it if you like it tours as door gunner in UH1 or Huey. Lot faster then our boats and I had to make adjustments for that. How many 20 mm's were on a F-8?

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
We were prohibited from shooting from a moving vehicle except in the most dire of circumstances. The poor hit-miss ratio of the OP video demonstrates one reason.

Best to punch the gas and lay low if someone's shooting at you from the sidewalk.

·
Registered
10,673 Posts
We were prohibited from shooting from a moving vehicle except in the most dire of circumstances. The poor hit-miss ratio of the OP video demonstrates one reason.

Best to punch the gas and lay low if someone's shooting at you from the sidewalk.
Nothing like angry bee's going by your head to get your attention to fight and flight at one time. Getting ambush sucks!

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
A guy pulled up to the curb in front of the store and his wife jumped out and went into the store. A bad guy jumped into the passenger seat and tried to bring his gun around but before he could the driver had his gun aimed at the bad guys face. The bad guy jumped out and ran, The driver said "Thank God I am left handed or I might have been in trouble."

·
Registered
780 Posts
Ah so much fun, but probably a small chance to use in real life but in this capacity (ccw). I've seen people use the window sill or frame as a brace, which ends in failure. Using your shoulders/arms as a gimbal helps to stay on target, as does firmly anchoring your legs. I plant my left foot against the transmission tunnel low and left of the glove box, and push my knee/calf against the door. Maintaining positive pressure here keeps my base stable while my upper body corrects for movement due to maneuvering, road undulation, etc.

Not much application for it in a day to day setting, but fun and challenging to try. Wish there was an interior cam in the car, would be cool to see what methods the shooters tried.

·
Banned
2,094 Posts
Got alot of practice one week on active duty. Did it for a deer culling on an airbase over run with deer, so as to prevent aircraft mishaps. We'd shoot 'em all night from the back of a moving pick up truck. Field dress 'em and the Game Warden picked 'em up in the morning to distribute the meat to poor families in the Philadelphia area. Minus a few tenderloins...The shooting uses the same concept a door gunner uses to hit ground targets from the air, only an M2 50 is alot more fun...

Reactions: SatCong
1 - 20 of 28 Posts