Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lived here for a while, still haven't found any public land to target shoot on. :confused: I have 5 bricks of 22lr I need to shot. :danceban: Upstate NY and CA allow people to shoot on public land - why not gun friendly Florida? :embarassed:

·
Premium Member
5,109 Posts
^^^YEP

·
Registered
765 Posts
What part of Florida do you live. I know of no where to shoot that is not a range set up with burms. The one in lake city is pretty low profile on the week days.

·
Premium Member
5,109 Posts
From the FWC website:

Target practice should be limited to public shooting ranges. Use the links below to locate a range near you or check the local telephone listings for commercial ranges.

FWC public shooting ranges
The FWC cannot give express permission to enter or access any property other than that managed by the Commission. Target practice or shooting skeet on a FWC Wildlife Management Area (WMA) is always discouraged for safety reasons. Target practice and random discharge of firearms increasingly threatens the quality of the hunting experience and can be dangerous on these multi-use areas.

Area users are asked not to discharge firearms at anything other than legal game while in a WMA. The discharge of a firearm outside of periods open to hunting or in areas closed to hunting is prohibited per s. 790.15 F.S.

Unfortunately, we don't have access to the same open areas found in the Southwest. We used to shoot on BLM land in Nevada all the time. Find a berm al have at it.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Ironically the public lands that are often most friendly to just informal shooting are federal lands. In Mo there are designated shooting ranges on state owned lands (some are unsupervised) but outside of that most don't allow random target shooting (hunting is ok). In the Mark Twain National forest you can drive out to a suitable spot and blast away.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts