Defensive Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had not come across this before - but it is really pretty cool. You need to read up on the useage method and then experiment a bit - after a while it becomes clearer and then a lotta fun to use.

Apparently this is not available all the time but hopefully will be up if you check it out. I tried the 15 yd advanced initially - yet to try some others.

http://firearmsid.com/eurosimulator/shooting.asp?Languages=amerikansk

·
Registered
540 Posts
Tried it and I like it.
I have a friend who might improve her sight picture. the only problem I had with the pistol was seeing the front sight. Black on black was hard to see. Old eyes I guess.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dpesec - try the 15 yard advanced - good light and easy sight picture.

Challenge there is to get sighted enough - getting foresight set up in rear - and then if not quite aligned allow for slight aim adjustment. It could I think be of use to newbies re getting good sight picture in mind.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey - the 20-90 meter revo silhouette shoot is good - even have to aim high on the long range ones!

Got 100 outa the rifle one too - darn it this is all a time waster :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dang - this thing is really fun!!

This was 15 meter 30 shot advanced pistol - with admittedly the ''oscillation'' setting cut back a bit but still kept. Means having to sometimes aim off because sight picture not 100% - plus I had made some sight adjustments.

This was my best so far - a 96! This is actually quite addictive - and frustrating too when with say 8 or nine good shots, you ''throw'' one because of releasing mouse button too soon. Great flash stuff this is - not even IIRC quite 100K in size, amazing.

·
Super Moderator
25,533 Posts
Nice site, got to see of I can get that perfect target!

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
While it's more realistic than any computer "game" I've ever seen, all it really measures is how well you can use a mouse.

I found the advanced pistol course downright bizarre... I couldn't make sense of it but I am tired.

Did acceptably well on my first try with the revolver getting 47, and then redid for a 54, got 87 out of 100 with the rifle at 15m.

Neat but, ehhhhh.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
all it really measures is how well you can use a mouse.
Some truth in that Euc because I think too that for us, where we know instinctlively what sight pic we need, there is no barrier.

For newbies who need to get used to correct sight pic I think it can be useful plus - where I aquired a sight picture with an asymmetry, then I knew how to aim off to compensate - again something quite useful perhaps for newb's to understand.

Like any sim' it ain't ''real'' but I did think it was a clever piece of prog design and has some value - certainly for me a serious fun time-waster!

That advanced BTW - you need to try again when fresh - there are parameters to set up - including sight adjustments, the degree of oscillatory ''wobble'' and also the sight pic aspects too. Play a bit and you'll find it is less daunting.

What I did find challenging and even useful - was speeding up - and managing to get sights on target way quicker. ''Snapshot sighting'' shall we say.

·
Administrator
143,574 Posts
Hey Chris

How did you save that target :confused: 'cause I'm shootin' you under the table. :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Perhaps you can tell I have still had some more fun with this! Cheap ammo that's a plus!! Oh and no gun cleaning :wink:

Ok well - tried the 25 meter advanced pistol deal - and again wound down the rather extreme oscillatory setting but it still moves around. Quite a challenge and I guess if I really went mad on ''playing'' (this darned thing!) I'd get a decent score.

Anyways - here was last result.-

·
Registered
940 Posts
I've found that the modern video games that actually give iron sight pictures work as well and are a heck of a lot more fun. :)

·
Registered
950 Posts
P95, that thing makes me look like I have never seen a pistol before. I will have to keep practicing. However, I got pretty good at point shooting with the 1911 on Medal of Honor. :tongue:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Haha - well yeah, it is rather ''different'' Blue - not same as having the gun in hand for real.

I think tho it does help demonstrate the sight picture useage quite well, plus the timing of shot release while always having some movement to deal with.

As I said earlier, I expect it could be of some use for newbies to play with - beyond which I found it plain fun :smile:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts