Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bullseye from 1,000 yards: Shooting the $17,000 Linux-powered rifle | Ars Technica

ARM CPUs, lasers, and Wi-Fi make firing this weapon an experience like no other.
TrackingPoint's rifles, though, remove overcompensation from the equation by totally segregating the act of pulling the trigger from the weapon's firing. Also no longer necessary is holding your breath to avoid disturbing your sight picture or timing your shot to your heartbeat or other long-range tricks—the rifle's computer picks the most optimal time to fire. You pull and hold your trigger, and then carefully align the reticle with the floating red pip.

At that price...I'll take two. Good night, everyone.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
Look on the bright side: they could have picked Microsoft for the firing system.

Getting a BSOD while drawing down on an elk is one thing. But imagine getting an "unrecoverable system error" on a SD gun. Having to rename my SD gun "billy boy" (for cause) ain't my idea of a good time.

Here's a thought ... Maybe BATFE and the AG could contract with Microsoft for their next batch of surreptitious F&F guns. Infiltrate 'em right.

·
Premium Member
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Look on the bright side: they could have picked Microsoft for the firing system.

Getting a BSOD while drawing down on an elk is one thing. But imagine getting an "unrecoverable system error" on a SD gun. Having to rename my SD gun "billy boy" (for cause) ain't my idea of a good time.

Here's a thought ... Maybe BATFE and the AG could contract with Microsoft for their next batch of surreptitious F&F guns. Infiltrate 'em right.
They also could have used Flash technology and got "The player has crashed" every 5 minutes... God that drives me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts