1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
363 Posts
wow, he took a huge risk, he shot really close to that little girls head, and the BG was turning to run away, I would have still fired because you couldnt tell if he was pointing the gun back at you while he was running or not, but wow pretty intense.

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just to throw in a few facts before too much monday morning quarter backing starts.....
He is 22 years old.
He is an NRA instructor.
Says he's put 10's of thousands of rounds downrange.
He didn't produce or post the video. His roomate did.
He was using a Glock 27 with 165 grain Golden Sabers.
They overpenetrated twice and the third stuck in his shoulderbone.
He's switching to 155 grain Gold Dots.
He yelled at the guy and the Perp raised his gun. That is when he starts to duck-flinch and starts shooting.
His co-worker wants to get her CCW now and he hopes to be the one to sign her off for it.
He didn't get sued or prosecuted.
Says the Police and prosecutor were pretty supportive.

He says and i belive him the apparent nearness of the child is due to camera angle .

·
Registered
750 Posts
From the Galleryofguns.com:

Motel Clerk Shoots Would-Be Robber
by
NCB4i (Columbus, OH)
Category: News Center
August 7, 2005

Man To Be Charged With Aggravated Robbery
COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Police said a desk clerk shot a man who was attempting to rob an east side motel on Saturday night.
Officers said that shortly before 9:30 p.m., a man walked into the Super 8 Motel, located at 2055 Brice Rd., showed a gun and demanded money.
Police said the desk clerk on duty then shot the alleged robber, Antoine Stephens.
Stephens, 20, was transported to Grant Medical Center and was in serious condition on Sunday morning, NBC 4 reported.
Police said he would be charged with aggravated robbery.
The motel clerk's name was not released. It was unclear as to whether he would be charged.
Anyone with information about the crime is asked to contact the Columbus police detective bureau at (614) 645-4624. Anonymous calls can be made to Central Ohio Crime Stoppers at (614) 645-8477

Now, just add Redneck_Repairs' comments to that, and you pretty much have the whole story.

mm

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I like the way he used the coworker to cover his draw. He played that well. That's very quick thinking on his part.

·
Registered
357 Posts
If I were that guy (the good guy), I absolutely would not have let the roommate produce and post that video. It makes him look like a "Dirty Harry" kind of character, in addition to putting his face out there for the bad guy's buddies to see.

That was obviously a high pressure situation. There's no way I would Monday morning quarterback his performance. I thought it was smart the way he made his draw while concealed behind the other employee.

I thought the look on the mother's face after the final shot was priceless. I'm sure she was shocked, but the expression looked like "What the **** was that all about?!?"

Interesting video. Would have been better for educational puposes with the original audio instead of the heavy metal song. I would like to have heard what was being said prior to the start of the "action," what was said on the phone, etc.

SSKC

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
''Intense'' is certainly the word - showing what we pretty much know. These things occur in seconds.

Unusual to have hi-res vid in such situations. I can see that camera angle did somewhat exaggerate proximity to little girl but I daresay things sounded awful loud in there.

·
Registered
357 Posts
madmike said:
COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Police said a desk clerk shot a man who was attempting to rob an east side motel on Saturday night....<snip>...The motel clerk's name was not released. It was unclear as to whether he would be charged.
Don't you love that little dig at the end? If the clerk hadn't acted, there might have been four murder victims and a successful robbery. Instead of giving him credit for being a stand-up citizen, the report has to imply that he could be charged. It's ridiculous.

SSKC

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Looked like he was on the ball and kept his cool. Kudos to him on that. I'm sure he would have rather the child not have been there, but she was and it could have easily if the BG wanted it to have turned into a hostage situation with the little girl. The potential for bad things to happen to good people was everywhere. So glad to see that it turned out the way it did. All the GG's went home.

:hand10: :35:

·
Premium Member
20,045 Posts
Good example of just how fast things happen and exactly why we all carry. I bet the guy was absolutely worn out after the adreneline dump started wearing off....

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea you can really see the adreneline in action with his " uber tactical " stroll over to check the b/g LOL but hey he did maintain coverage of the b/g untill he had assessed him as no longer harmfull.

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
Intence to say the least. Yes I would rather of heard the actual audio, but that song kicked a$$. I bet he deffently needed a cig after that, even if he dosn't smoke :22a:

·
Super Moderator
4,964 Posts
SSKC said:
If I were that guy (the good guy), I absolutely would not have let the roommate produce and post that video. It makes him look like a "Dirty Harry" kind of character, in addition to putting his face out there for the bad guy's buddies to see.
SSKC
Oh, yeah, especially if the news report is correct, and there is still a possibility of charging the clerk.

With friends like that, one needs no enemies.

Matt

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
court is all over now and was before the vid was uploaded , civil who knows , but he has not been advised of an intent to sue at this point .

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Great vid, could have done without the "posing" (pic) near the end....

·
Registered
210 Posts
I couldn't see everything but in Minnesota, I don't believe that the clerk would have been justified in continuing shooting as the BG ran out the door... At that point (when the BG ran) the threat and need for deadly force ended. An over zellious DA could make it very rough on that guy... And to most sheeple, it would look like the clerk was "gun happy" shooting so close to that little girl. I'm glade it turned out ok, and I hope the clerk is fine..

The music and added BS sucks! Only helps the "antis"!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts